sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 13, 2020 7:27 pm  #1

Pam Seatle

Just announced her retirement on City tv. She made it clear she wasn’t 65 yet and had mixed feelings on her departure

December 13, 2020 7:33 pm  #2

Re: Pam Seatle

Pam has an interesting history at City. She was originally let go in one of those inevitable usual Rogers purges, which sees mass firings in the name of saving money. But then someone in management realized they'd let too many people go to keep the show working and she was invited back. Been there ever since.  

Very rare you get fired and then rehired within days or a week of a firing in this biz. I know her and she's a good person. I wish her luck in her retirement.

December 13, 2020 11:46 pm  #3

Indeed, OP, please note the correct spelling of "Pam Seatle" (probably doesn't hurt to take five seconds to Google in another tab to verify accuracy when being the one that starts a fresh thread, especially if it contains a name)!

Anyway, she's definitely been a long-present face and a real link to some of the past of the station. Best wishes for her future from here.

December 14, 2020 12:10 am  #4

AspectRatio wrote:

Indeed, OP, please note the correct spelling of "Pam Seatle"

Yeah really eh?
It's bad enough that once Pam leaves, CityNews is stuck with people like 
Teenie Ass Dani and some lady that keeps correcting herself all the time! 
"I...I'm Fyza...I MEAN!"    

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 14, 2020 11:21 am  #5

Rsd wrote:

Just announced her retirement on City tv. She made it clear she wasn’t 65 yet and had mixed feelings on her departure

So is this part of a staff reduction with a package being offered to talent to take early retirement - and if so has anyone noticed any other departures - or is this entirely her own initiative? 

December 14, 2020 11:25 am  #6

The station is crap.  I also cant watch BT, which I used to love.  The female host they currently have has such a hostile looking face that im not ready for it before my coffee in the morning.  

December 14, 2020 11:37 am  #7

Is she one of the last (if not, THE last) on-air staffer with any connection to the good ol' days of CityPulse?

December 14, 2020 12:24 pm  #8

There's still Cynthia Mulligan.  She is the last one standing from the good old CityTV days.  I suspect Pam is leaving partly due to health issues. Noticed over the years that she got into sudden coughing fits while anchoring, which might've been why she switched back to reporting. I have the same issue, constant talking puts a strain on the throat / vocal chords, leads to pain and acid reflux issues (which triggers coughing fits).

December 14, 2020 12:42 pm  #9

TomTV wrote:

There's still Cynthia Mulligan.  She is the last one standing from the good old CityTV days.  I suspect Pam is leaving partly due to health issues. Noticed over the years that she got into sudden coughing fits while anchoring, which might've been why she switched back to reporting. I have the same issue, constant talking puts a strain on the throat / vocal chords, leads to pain and acid reflux issues (which triggers coughing fits). 

I hear you.  Combined with some meds I'm taking, the old pipes just can't take the abuse they used to and will almost violently protest if pushed too hard.

I do hope Pam is at least leaving of her own accord and not being pushed into it, medically or otherwise.

Last edited by Peter the K (December 14, 2020 2:39 pm)

December 14, 2020 2:07 pm  #10

grilled.cheese wrote:

HeeHee Brilliant!

December 14, 2020 11:14 pm  #11

In case you missed it.

December 15, 2020 12:32 am  #12

AspectRatio wrote:

Indeed, OP, please note the correct spelling of "Pam Seatle" (probably doesn't hurt to take five seconds to Google in another tab to verify accuracy when being the one that starts a fresh thread, especially if it contains a name)!.

...and yet here we are 24 hours later with the misspelled Topic name of a longtime Toronto broadcaster, still not corrected.  Not the finest moment for an otherwise quality Radio-TV Forum.

Last edited by Media Observer (December 15, 2020 12:37 am)

December 15, 2020 12:58 am  #13

Done and fair criticism. To be honest, I'm in the middle of a huge family emergency and frankly, I didn't even notice it. A life and death situation takes precedence but you guys couldn't know that.

December 15, 2020 1:17 am  #14

RadioActive wrote:

Done and fair criticism. To be honest, I'm in the middle of a huge family emergency and frankly, I didn't even notice it. A life and death situation takes precedence but you guys couldn't know that.

RA,

First,  let me offer my support regarding your personal situation.  Family ALWAYS comes first!

Second,  I was actually thinking of the original poster;  not you.  This site has a much appreciated (by me) Edit option;  which could have easily been used to correct the spelling. Too many times,  I find myself using it (like tonight);  but I cannot let my spelling (arthritis) and grammar (no excuses) mistakes stand.  

Third,  thank you for all that you do.  At no time did I intend my comment to be seen as a criticism of this site's moderation/oversight; and I apologise for inferring such a conclusion.

Last edited by Media Observer (December 15, 2020 1:26 am)

December 15, 2020 8:17 am  #15

No offence taken. No one is above criticism, especially me! I only mentioned this because it's obviously taken some of my attention away from the board and it showed in this case. On the other hand, the board has proven to be a great distraction from a stress-filled week and I appreciate that opportunity and all who post here that make that possible. It really does help.

SOWNY as therapy! Who knew?