sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 1, 2020 12:14 pm  #1

A Site Where The Price Is Right Now Runs 24 Hrs. A Day

There have been a number of so-called “free TV” sites popping up on the Internet over the past year or so, all of them perfectly legal and run by major networks and companies. Most of them are populated with old TV shows and B-list movies, but there are a few with decent offerings. Pluto.tv is one of them, although – while Canadians can watch some limited shows on this side of the border – you really need a VPN tuned to the U.S. to catch everything that’s on offer.

There’s a Family Ties channel, a Happy Days station, a Beverly Hillbillies outlet, a Carol Burnet offering, a Mission: Impossible station, a place that runs Star Trek: The Next Generation forever, a non-stop 90210, and even an all Addams Family channel, although how they program that with a series that only lasted about a year is anyone’s guess.

But now there’s one new station unveiled on Dec. 1st that’s never likely to run out of episodes. It’s the Bob Barker era Price Is Right station, which offers the classic game show 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, ad nauseam. How much was that 1974 Oldsmobile? Your guess is as good as theirs.

TPIR is the longest running game show in TV history. But this is really one of the first times these classic episodes are being reused. So if you have a VPN and have had your pets spayed or neutered, you can Come On Down and watch this Showcase to your heart’s content here.

‘The Price Is Right: The Bob Barker Era’: Fremantle & Pluto TV Launch Channel Dedicated To Game Show’s Heyday

December 1, 2020 1:23 pm  #2

Re: A Site Where The Price Is Right Now Runs 24 Hrs. A Day

It's always fun to watch the old episodes of game shows where a "NEW CAR" was valued at $2,000.

But the one thing I wanted to touch on was the trend these days for regular old TV stations to show multiple episodes of (usually) old TV shows back to back.  Even CHCH is showing two episodes of Bewitched each day.  Maybe I'm just old but I still prefer my TV in nice, bitesize chunks.  For example, I have all the episodes of Mission Impossible but I still watch in on CHCH.

A few years ago when I was recovering from some surgery, I binge watched Breaking Bad having never seen it.  I enjoyed it but at the end, for quite some time I felt like an addict in dire need of a fix.  Thank goodness for Better Call Saul to taper me off. 

December 2, 2020 8:12 am  #3

Re: A Site Where The Price Is Right Now Runs 24 Hrs. A Day

I recently stumbled across the 1963 premiere of Let's Make A Deal on Youtube. It even had the NBC "Laramie" Peacock introduction. No goofy costumes worn by members of the audience. Strictly dresses, Jackets & Ties.