sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 26, 2020 11:16 pm  #1

Toronto's Ring Music is closing it's doors

Gordon Lightfoot and Bruce Cockburn, Blue Rodeo and the Bare Naked Ladies were just come of  customers that went to buy guitars at Ring Music on Harbord St. in the Annex area...

As of today, after 50 years in business, Ring Music will not be "ringing" up any holiday sales.

Like so many in the music business, they have been hit hard and even taking the act to Zoom, doesn't quite cut it.

Here is more about this...

http://exclaim.ca/music/article/torontos_ring_music_closes_after_over_50_years_in_business?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+NewsExclaimca+%28%21Exclaim.ca+-+News+%29

Has a store you loved gone and closed (for me Sam the Record Man and House of Lords are venues I miss)...
and if so what was that store?

Share away!

Have a good weekend Big Yellow!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

November 27, 2020 8:37 am  #2

Re: Toronto's Ring Music is closing it's doors

I have to admit I have never heard of Ring. But I have never owned or played a musical instrument. The stores I miss are the World's Biggest Book Store and, in particular, Lichtman's. That is where I was always able to get my weekly copy of Billboard. You could spend hours in there reading books and leafing through magazines. The store had magazines catering to every hobby in the world. Staff never cared how long you stayed or what you read. Their only rule was Don't Mess With The Newspapers!

November 27, 2020 9:36 am  #3

A legendary business; in our city.  Very sad indeed.

November 27, 2020 4:08 pm  #4

Lets hope Ring Audio survives. On Carlaw near Lakeshore and the Beaches. I had my 80's vintage Sony FM/AM stereo receiver repaired there in the early part of the pandemic and they did a good job. Now all I need is a station to broadcast in AM stereo:

Last edited by Fitz (November 27, 2020 4:08 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/