sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 1, 2020 9:06 pm  #1

How To Hear 60 Minutes At 7 PM - Regardless Of CBS Football Overruns

Anyone who's a fan of "60 Minutes" knows that during the football season, it rarely airs at 7 PM Sunday because of game overruns. And Global, which owns the rights in Canada, is forced to wait for CBS to start it before they can air it here. 

So how can you be sure to hear it in its regular timeslot regardless of how long the NFL runs? The answer is on your radio. It turns out WCBS-AM in New York (880) and WBBM-AM from Chicago (780) both air the audio at exactly 7 PM Eastern every week, regardless of what's happening on television. Both stations usually come in here loud and clear and now that the sun goes down early, each one should be booming in by the 7 o'clock start time. 

I was listening to it while walking the dog Sunday and it was a great distraction from the snow flurries, the cold and the wind. Although we certainly weren't out as long as 60 Minutes!

(Now if someone here would just run The Simpsons audio when Fox goes endlessly into its football overtime every single damn week, that would solve all my DVR issues!)

November 2, 2020 10:19 am  #2

Re: How To Hear 60 Minutes At 7 PM - Regardless Of CBS Football Overruns

Hearing the audio of The Simpsons isn't enough. I always record the Sunday night series because there are always extra jokes and sight gags written in that would be missed if not pvr'ed. Particularly, the sign outside Reverend Lovejoy's church, Springfield Elementary School or the numerous signs used during a protest.

November 2, 2020 11:04 am  #3

mace wrote:

Hearing the audio of The Simpsons isn't enough. I always record the Sunday night series because there are always extra jokes and sight gags written in that would be missed if not pvr'ed. Particularly, the sign outside Reverend Lovejoy's church, Springfield Elementary School or the numerous signs used during a protest.

Actually, I wasn't being entirely serious with the Simpsons comment. It was more a reflection of the constant football overruns, which are never ending during this time of year. I always have to include at least an extra half hour on my DVR to ensure I don't miss the ending of a show I'm recording. 

And as if things weren't aggravating enough, Sunday's Fox football game was supposed to end by 7 PM. But the thing predictably went into overtime, delaying all broadcasts on Fox by at least 10 minutes after 8 PM. 

November 2, 2020 11:50 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

(Now if someone here would just run The Simpsons audio when Fox goes endlessly into its football overtime every single damn week, that would solve all my DVR issues!)

D'OH!!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

November 2, 2020 11:52 am  #5

RadioActive wrote:

[Sunday's Fox football game was supposed to end by 7 PM. But the thing predictably went into overtime, delaying all broadcasts on Fox by at least 10 minutes after 8 PM. 

Worked out great for me. Lost track of time and didn't tune-in until 8:10