sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 8, 2020 1:03 pm  #1

The Incredible Deep Fake Election Ads U.S. Cable Refused To Run

I don't like getting political here, as I often say, but these are just incredible - and they're non-partisan. Neither of the two major American parties are even mentioned. Instead, it's a plea for more tolerance and for the U.S. to stop tearing itself apart. They only took 10 days to make. And they were supposed to run on various American cable news stations but they refused to air them. 

When you see them, you may well understand why. 

Deepfakes are here to warn Americans about their self-inflicted doom 

October 8, 2020 4:47 pm  #2

Re: The Incredible Deep Fake Election Ads U.S. Cable Refused To Run

RadioActive wrote:

I don't like getting political here, as I often say, but these are just incredible - and they're non-partisan. Neither of the two major American parties are even mentioned. Instead, it's a plea for more tolerance and for the U.S. to stop tearing itself apart. They only took 10 days to make. And they were supposed to run on various American cable news stations but they refused to air them. 

When you see them, you may well understand why. 

Deepfakes are here to warn Americans about their self-inflicted doom 

Do not confuse "non-partisan" with "centrist".

RepresentUs is a uniquely left-wing organization which seeks to promote left-wing causes and views, with a strategic focus on nominal non-partisanship as a means to better accomplish those goals.

October 8, 2020 4:54 pm  #3

I'll take your word for it, but I didn't see any overt political message for either side in those spots. They appear to be just trying to get people to vote. (Although admittedly, Trump has made a big deal about his "friendly" relationship with both Putin and Kim, so that may be showing through.) But no party or cause is mentioned - or blamed - which is what makes both so effective.  

October 8, 2020 5:15 pm  #4

RadioActive wrote:

I'll take your word for it, but I didn't see any overt political message for either side in those spots. They appear to be just trying to get people to vote. (Although admittedly, Trump has made a big deal about his "friendly" relationship with both Putin and Kim, so that may be showing through.) But no party or cause is mentioned - or blamed - which is what makes both so effective.  

I wish for the States to have a third party that is centre scale like our Liberals here.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 8, 2020 5:20 pm  #5

Michael Douglas backing:

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 8, 2020 5:21 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 8, 2020 7:40 pm  #6

6079 Smith W wrote:

RepresentUs is a uniquely left-wing organization which seeks to promote left-wing causes and views, with a strategic focus on nominal non-partisanship as a means to better accomplish those goals.

Why must you sully these waters with your politicisation?

October 8, 2020 7:58 pm  #7

The point is that those ads are technically amazing and in an era of fake news, a little bit frightening. That's why I posted them, not to get into the old left/right divisions. The technology is here. I can only shudder to think what it might bring in the wrong hands.  

October 8, 2020 8:07 pm  #8

It is weird they'd go with Un over Jinping, especially given the recent TikTok drama. Of course, seeing that there's Hollywood involvement makes me think they wouldn't want to upset the CCP.

October 8, 2020 8:50 pm  #9

Retaw wrote:

It is weird they'd go with Un over Jinping, especially given the recent TikTok drama. Of course, seeing that there's Hollywood involvement makes me think they wouldn't want to upset the CCP.

And right there, one sentence later, you figured it out.

October 8, 2020 8:52 pm  #10

RadioActive wrote:

The point is that those ads are technically amazing and in an era of fake news, a little bit frightening. That's why I posted them, not to get into the old left/right divisions. The technology is here. I can only shudder to think what it might bring in the wrong hands.  

Your reason for posting is valid and I agree with your assessment.

October 8, 2020 9:01 pm  #11

Chrisphen wrote:

6079 Smith W wrote:

Why must you sully these waters with your politicisation?

Not me my friend. The sullying was done by the OP. Just the facts here.