sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2020 9:15 pm  #1

"Moore In the Morning" anniversary

OTD way back in 2009, the airwaves were forever improved with the debut of John Moore and "Moore In the Morning" on Newstalk 1010 from 5:30-9:00am Monday to Friday.

News reporters, traffic guys and gals, producers and others have come and gone, and with John's wit, personality and sharp intelligence, the show continues to deliver a good balance of human interest stories, compelling news, covid coverage, other health and science stories and entertainment.

Congratulations John and team.

and I understand John also filled in Monday on-air later on in the day due to some tech glitches on other shows???

Last edited by betaylored (October 6, 2020 12:05 am)

October 6, 2020 7:39 am  #2

Re: "Moore In the Morning" anniversary

When his parents were still alive, I loved his tales of dealing with Mom, Dad and new technology, such as their introduction to the telephone answering machine.

October 6, 2020 7:57 am  #3

betaylored wrote:

in 2009, the airwaves were forever improved with the debut of John Moore and "Moore In the Morning" on Newstalk 1010 from 5:30-9:00am Monday to Friday.    News reporters, traffic guys and gals, producers and others have come and gone, and with John's wit, personality and sharp intelligence, the show continues to deliver a good balance of human interest stories, compelling news, covid coverage, other health and science stories and entertainment   

You left out walking on water, feeding the masses and raising the dead

October 6, 2020 8:41 am  #4

geo wrote:

betaylored wrote:

in 2009, the airwaves were forever improved with the debut of John Moore and "Moore In the Morning" on Newstalk 1010 from 5:30-9:00am Monday to Friday.    News reporters, traffic guys and gals, producers and others have come and gone, and with John's wit, personality and sharp intelligence, the show continues to deliver a good balance of human interest stories, compelling news, covid coverage, other health and science stories and entertainment   

You left out walking on water, feeding the masses and raising the dead

*chuckles* sounds a bit jealous.  John is the consummate professional with a unique blend/balance of skills who handles the high paced 3.5 hours of morning drive with fluid ease .  He is, by far, the best host CFRB has.  He's a bit too libertarian for my liking but that's fine as he can present his views without disrespecting those of other views.

October 6, 2020 9:14 am  #5

grilled.cheese wrote:

I thought this was going to be about the Mary Tyler Moore Show, which first aired 50 years ago, in 1970.

"Ohhh Mr. Grant!" 😁

October 6, 2020 10:05 am  #6

grilled.cheese wrote:

betaylored wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

I thought this was going to be about the Mary Tyler Moore Show, which first aired 50 years ago, in 1970.

"Ohhh Mr. Grant!" 😁

I have no idea what that is.

Ted Baxter and Murray Slaughter called their boss "Lou". Mary Richards always called him "Mr. Grant"

October 6, 2020 11:06 am  #7

betaylored wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

"Ohhh Mr. Grant!" 😁

I hate spunk! .. : ))

Last edited by g121 (October 6, 2020 11:07 am)

October 7, 2020 3:51 pm  #8

I'm not a huge fan of Moore, but Carroll was definitely phoning it in (before he later would literally phone it in from California to Toronto's am 640) and was never prepared for the morning show.  It could only go up after he left.

October 8, 2020 2:11 am  #9

g121 wrote:

betaylored wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

"Ohhh Mr. Grant!" 😁

I hate spunk! .. : ))

This is great, thanks.
Ed Asner's on Twitter, (as are many of the old guard, John Cleese, Eric Idle, Steve Martin, Mel Brooks, Patrick Stewart, Bill Shatner) and he's a real hoot. (That's hoot, not old coot.)