sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 5, 2020 7:34 pm  #1

Rogers Simsub Operators Asleep At The Switch

Because of Covid 19, The NE/KC game was moved to Monday for a 7pm CBS national telecast. What do we get on WIVB??? A simsub of Wheel Of Fortune. Somebody at Rogers finally woke up at 7:30 and ended the simsub with less than 5 minutes remaining in the first qtr. Fortunately, I was able to switch to KIRO. Football fans who only receive the WIVB feed would be royally pissed and rightly so.

October 6, 2020 11:24 am  #2

Re: Rogers Simsub Operators Asleep At The Switch

It was likely an automation error vs a human..   Most companies now don't have a human operating the switch.      Sometimes it's even the broadcaster who forgets to file correct guide info with the cable company that can cause this.   Sadly it's the issue with manditory simsub at times. 

Last edited by radiokid (October 6, 2020 11:25 am)

October 6, 2020 11:41 am  #3

radiokid wrote:

It was likely an automation error vs a human..   Most companies now don't have a human operating the switch.      Sometimes it's even the broadcaster who forgets to file correct guide info with the cable company that can cause this.   Sadly it's the issue with manditory simsub at times. 

Once is an accident or unintentional oversight. If it keeps happening, then what is the point of having a 95% identical rule in the first place? I guess they should lose their right to a sim sub maybe? 

Last edited by Radiowiz (October 6, 2020 11:41 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

October 6, 2020 1:02 pm  #4

Granted, the change came to late to adjust the program guides. However, you would think someone would have noticed sooner than 25 minutes into the game. Just another reason why simsub sucks and the main reason I subscribe to the Seattle network affiliates. At least with them I can avoid the extremely annoying process most of the time.