sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 1, 2020 10:05 pm  #1

Elliotte Freidman looks ridiculous

clean it up sportsnet. 

August 1, 2020 10:19 pm  #2

Re: Elliotte Freidman looks ridiculous

he's doing his thing, and that's good.  his tv visual looks awful, and that's bad.  his overarching beard doesn't affect his ability to provide solid background and insight into the nhl.  so that's good too.

August 2, 2020 6:51 am  #3

I don't mind it, although he was totally unrecognizable the first time I saw him. And I have to say I'm very impressed that he could cultivate such a beard in just four and a half months.

August 2, 2020 12:26 pm  #4

Totally agree with cash.  

August 2, 2020 2:13 pm  #5

So he wants to look as successful as David Letterman.

August 2, 2020 2:33 pm  #6

He might look somewhat better if an attempt was made to trim his beard. However, I have always preferred the clean shaven look.

August 2, 2020 2:56 pm  #7

TV scribe Bill Broux took up this issue in his July 29th post. If you haven't seen Friedman recently, there's a pic there that will explain everything this thread is about. 

"I’ve heard of playoff beards, but this is ridiculous. I tuned in to Sportsnet Tuesday for the resumption of NHL hockey only to see that commentator Elliotte Friedman had turned into San Jose Sharks centre Joe Thornton. They both need to see Bill Barber!"

Separated at beardth: Thornton and Friedman

August 3, 2020 2:23 am  #8

"Can you judge a man, by the way he wears his......beard?"

August 3, 2020 7:48 am  #9

Ale Ont wrote:

"Can you judge a man, by the way he wears his......beard?"

"Let them say your hair's too long 'cause I don't care, with you I can't go wrong"

Cher, 1965

Last edited by Kosmos Kagool (August 3, 2020 8:40 am)

August 3, 2020 8:42 am  #10

"Give me a head with hair.   Long, beautiful hair.   Shining, gleaming, streaming, flaxen, waxen"

Cowsills, 1969

August 3, 2020 10:04 am  #11

Fair is fair, cash. How 'bout you post a genuine head-and-shoulders shot of yourself and anybody here, including Elliotte, if he'd care to, could post a critique on your appearance?

August 3, 2020 4:13 pm  #12

mike marshall wrote:

Fair is fair, cash. How 'bout you post a genuine head-and-shoulders shot of yourself and anybody here, including Elliotte, if he'd care to, could post a critique on your appearance?

i am not a broadcaster 

August 3, 2020 6:17 pm  #13

cash wrote:

mike marshall wrote:

i am not a broadcaster 

so being a broadcaster makes a difference?  then it's ok to publicly say that a meteorologist with a lisp, or a plus sized anchor sounds or looks ridiculous?  it's the quality of the content, not the physical appearance of the presenter.  welcome to the millennium.