sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 26, 2020 8:30 pm  #1

Mick Jagger, still alive at 77 today!

Mick Jagger turned 77 today...and he's still rocking and performing like a teenager...

What is your fave Rolling Stones song?  Share away! 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-8562269/Mick-Jaggers-Rolling-Stones-band-mates-pay-tribute-rocker-turns-77.html

Mine would be Start Me Up, this may sound odd, but I was never a big fan of the band...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 26, 2020 8:51 pm  #2

Re: Mick Jagger, still alive at 77 today!

With apologies to Lorne, the admin of the terrific Oldies Music Board, I just had to steal this from there. 

July 27, 2020 7:53 am  #3

I have three favourites. None were monster hits. Dandelion #14, She's A Rainbow #25 and Street Fighting Man #48.

July 27, 2020 11:33 am  #4

RadioActive wrote:

With apologies to Lorne, the admin of the terrific Oldies Music Board, I just had to steal this from there. 

Thanks for the kind words, RA. When the board that had been at oldiesmusic.com was being shut down (along with the rest of the site), it was suggested that I set up a new one using Boardhost to take its place. My experience with this board definitely helped me in that regard, and it's worked out quite well. 

July 27, 2020 11:40 am  #5

Lorne wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Thanks for the kind words, RA. When the board that had been at oldiesmusic.com was being shut down (along with the rest of the site), it was suggested that I set up a new one using Boardhost to take its place. My experience with this board definitely helped me in that regard, and it's worked out quite well. 

Hey, being a board admin is not always easy, (I speak from experience!)  but you're doing a great job. I visit at least once or twice a day, but they could use a lot more members. Anyone interested in discussing or reading about oldies music should either visit, or better yet, register as a user so you can post. It's a fun site. And like rhe best things in life, it's free!

Last edited by RadioActive (July 27, 2020 11:41 am)

July 27, 2020 1:21 pm  #6

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Mick Jagger turned 77 today... 

Big deal!

(Maybe I should mention I'm older than Jagger ;-)

Last edited by mike marshall (July 27, 2020 11:55 pm)

July 27, 2020 9:55 pm  #7

July 27, 2020 10:18 pm  #8

Andrew Loog Oldham was the original producer and manager of the Stones and he had an orchestra which was not really an orchestra but session musicians including some Rolling Stones and here's one of the tracks they did:

Last edited by Fitz (July 27, 2020 10:18 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

July 28, 2020 8:56 pm  #9

"Brown Sugar".