sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 15, 2020 6:08 am  #1

There's a new Sheriff in town and it is Virgin TV

Unlimited Internet and Virgin Cable for $135 a month, Virgin TV is gonna mix it up a little...

Here is more about their launch and offering!

https://www.newswire.ca/news-releases/virgin-mobile-canada-turns-on-virgin-tv-878005635.html#:~:text=TORONTO%2C%20July%2014%2C%202020%20%2F,on%20any%20screen%20you%20want.

https://www.virginmobile.ca/en/tv/index.html?province=ON&geoResult=failed

The question is, would you switch? 

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

July 15, 2020 7:07 am  #2

Re: There's a new Sheriff in town and it is Virgin TV

I wonder where the U.S, net affilliates are from. Buffalo I assume and would they be simsubbed most of the time.

July 15, 2020 7:18 am  #3

Virgin Mobile is 100% owned by Bell. That alone disqualifies it for me. I won't do business with either Bell or Rogers as a matter of principle. I know most people either don't care or can't avoid either of these companies, but it's a personal thing with me and I just can't in good conscience give them a dime of my money.

Not that they'll notice!!

July 15, 2020 8:33 am  #4

"Prices may increase during subscription"  is why I'm sticking with Rogers.They don't play those low price games just to jack something up 6 months later. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

July 15, 2020 1:13 pm  #5

From what I can see, it's re branded Bell ALT TV.   Virgin Mobile owned by Bell, this should be no surprise.

The 1st issue is the forced EXTENDED BASIC base package.    This couldn't be more out of touch with younger people who use Virgin.   They want only what they want..    They should be out the gate with a low base basic pack and allow people to build their own package be it 1 or 50 channels. People wanting to cut cable are not going to consider $35 bucks, as $25 can be a hard sell to them. 
Alt has a base of $14.95 which seems more in line. 

July 15, 2020 3:24 pm  #6

RadioActive wrote:

Virgin Mobile is 100% owned by Bell. That alone disqualifies it for me. I won't do business with either Bell or Rogers as a matter of principle. I know most people either don't care or can't avoid either of these companies, but it's a personal thing with me and I just can't in good conscience give them a dime of my money.

Not that they'll notice!!

If one doesn't like Bell or Rogers the best thing to do is to buy their stock.  A lot of people do this, same with the banks. You will appreciate the dividend cheques, or when the stock splits. if you don't like em, might as well make money off of them!