sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 7, 2020 11:51 pm  #1

Where Did Global Go

I watch TV with Over The Air antennae. Also Netflix and a box. But the box less and less.

In the last few days Global TV has disappeared. Before it would be on 41-1. Now nothing. I am aware that some channels have moved and I have refreshed my channels several times in the past week....everything is great except for Global who seem to be missing in action. 

Also the ION 4 or 5 channels are great, also tho I don't really need that many shopping channels . ..... any suggestions.....Thanks

July 8, 2020 12:03 am  #2

Re: Where Did Global Go

About a week or so ago, the final leg of the Toronto repack took place. Global went from channel 41 to its new position on channel 17. If it's possible, you might want to manually rescan just that channel and see what comes up.

As for all those ION shopping channels, most TVs and DVRs have some sort of menu that allows a user to hide channels they don't want to see. It's usually somewhere in the tuning or channels menu of whatever machine you're using.

This page:

https://gta.boardhost.com/viewtopic.php?pid=35186#p35186

has a list of where all the Toronto stations went. Because they're all local, depending on where you are, you shouldn't have any trouble bringing them in. Hope that helps and you're seeing Global soon.

July 8, 2020 8:19 am  #3

So re the repack, by my knowledge Southern Ontario is done except for CHRO in Ottawa, CHOT in Gatineau and CFVP Fonthill. All 3 still have yet to move. I don't think we will see other 'inland' stations move eg. Barrie, Owen Sound, Muskoka etc. I don't foresee Bell digitizing their stations up north either. 

July 8, 2020 12:00 pm  #4

Surprisingly Bell made CFTO-21 Severn Falls digital not long ago. 

July 8, 2020 6:45 pm  #5

Bell's  CTV2 / CKVR rebroad at Fonthill is CKVP-DT not CFVP....  

CKVP-DT is currently on RF 42/Virtual 42.1, and they are supposed to be moving to RF 29.