sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 7, 2020 10:17 am  #1

CBC-TV Unveils New Fall Shows – But Will You Watch Any Of Them?

CBC has announced its fall and winter slate of new shows. (That is, presuming they can ever get them made, given the virus delays.) My questions: what do some of them have to do with serving a Canadian audience and will you actually watch any of them? Here’s the list and you can click on each title to see what they’re about. 

June 7, 2020 2:17 pm  #2

Re: CBC-TV Unveils New Fall Shows – But Will You Watch Any Of Them?

As long as Marketplace isn't cancelled, I'm very happy.
Same with Family Feud.
As for the new shows, maybe I might check out You can't ask that...but I'm not sure how well it will hold my interest.

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

June 7, 2020 5:37 pm  #3

I wish CBC well with their fall and winter schedule. I will check out some of the new shows if I think they may be of interest.  CBC doesn't really have any "must see" programs for me. Having said that on occasion when I do make a point of watching CBC prime time, most of the shows are pretty good.

What do some of the shows have to do serving a Canadian audience?  Not sure what you are talking about.  Every program doesn't need to be about Canada if that is what you mean. Some shows are just entertainment and CBC should do more of this since CTV and especially Global are somewhat spotty with home grown entertainment programming. 

Still say CBC should have a late night entertainment talk show or program like Etalk.  They totally miss the ball covering TIFF and JUNO Awards. They should dedicate more resources to light entertainment mainstream programming, because right now it is zero.

June 7, 2020 5:44 pm  #4

Think I will stick with Corrie Street, Marketplace and HNIC, when it comes back.

June 7, 2020 7:13 pm  #5

Charlie wrote:

Nope.  Not a single one.

Yeah, I have to admit that was kind of my reaction, as well.

June 7, 2020 7:45 pm  #6

i do like Kim's Convenience ..