sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 2, 2020 3:48 pm  #31

Re: Roger Ashby All Request Oldies Show This Weekend

JT wrote:

It seems kind of strange that these internet woes would happen to the same company at different locales.

Why? Centralized master control.

June 2, 2020 3:53 pm  #32

I tried to listen to Roger’s show this past Sunday on line at The Grand but the station was unavailable at that time on Tune In.The Grand is a Durham Radio station too but in Haldimand.
It seems kind of strange that these internet woes would hit one company but in different locales.

June 2, 2020 5:45 pm  #33

[JT] wrote:
It seems kind of strange that these internet woes would happen to the same company at different locales.

Why? Centralized master control.

June 3, 2020 8:44 am  #34

JT:   I listen to Roger's show on Sunday mornings on Jewel 88.5 via I-Heart. My Sonos box permits me to add other streaming services in addition to Tune-in. I-Heart is one of them.

June 27, 2020 4:57 pm  #35

Roger did an all request show for the long Canada Day Weekend. This time he did keep in his regular features in the program.  Maybe he plans to do all request shows every long weekend.

Some good requests, liked the old Paupers song Magic People, hadn't heard that one in decades.  Loved the gentleman from Windsor trying to request Toulouse It Always Happens This Way.  He didn't know the title or the name of the group but knew that most of the song was in french with some english and female singers singing Oh My Baby, he said everyone he spoke to didn't know the song.  Wonder if CKLW ever played that one?

June 27, 2020 7:24 pm  #36

paterson1 wrote:

Roger did an all request show for the long Canada Day Weekend. This time he did keep in his regular features in the program.  Maybe he plans to do all request shows every long weekend.

Some good requests, liked the old Paupers song Magic People, hadn't heard that one in decades.  Loved the gentleman from Windsor trying to request Toulouse It Always Happens This Way.  He didn't know the title or the name of the group but knew that most of the song was in french with some english and female singers singing Oh My Baby, he said everyone he spoke to didn't know the song.  Wonder if CKLW ever played that one?

CKWW plays both.

June 27, 2020 10:19 pm  #37

Is it my imagination or has the Ashby show never played a single song by the Beatles? It's been back since around mid-February and you'd think the world's most impactful rock and roll band would turn up once in a while. I can't recall ever hearing one. I wonder why that is?

June 28, 2020 1:04 am  #38

You must have just missed the times that he's played them. I've been listening to the show via the iHeart app, but for a while I had been confused about how it worked because I was often hearing songs that I had heard before. So then I started looking up the playlists and saving them to figure out how it worked, and found that they rotate some previous shows along with the current one. I decided to keep saving the playlists so that I'd have a better idea of when I wanted to listen, and so I'll pass along below the Beatles songs that he's played since I started saving these lists in April (not including this weekend as the sites I use don't have the playlist available yet, and also May 16 & 17 because I never found it posted).
HERE COMES THE SUN JUNE 20 & 21
ALL MY LOVING JUNE 13 & 14
I SAW HER STANDING THERE MAY 30 & 31
WHEN I’M SIXTY-FOUR MAY 23 & 24
YOUR MOTHER SHOULD KNOW MAY 9 & 10
GET BACK MAY 9 & 10
DIZZIE MISS LIZZIE APRIL 25 & 26
HEY JUDE APRIL 18 & 19
LET IT BE APRIL 11 & 12
LADY MADONNA APRIL 4 & 5

June 28, 2020 7:01 am  #39

Wow. I stand (OK, sit) corrected. I listen every week. Not sure how I missed those. Thanks for the list.

June 28, 2020 7:16 am  #40

He also played the Beatles Slow Down on the "double feature" segment along with the Larry Williams original on one of his early shows back in Feb.

I posted a sample of that to the forum in a discusssion about HD radio. 

SLOW DOWN

Last edited by Fitz (June 28, 2020 7:28 am)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/