sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 17, 2020 12:42 pm  #1

CTV To Show Special On How Its Newsroom Covers The Pandemic

It’s not often you see a TV station turn the cameras on itself, but that’s what CTV Ottawa is promising Sunday night when it airs a special on its own newsroom’s attempts to report on the pandemic.

The program will feature local reporters, anchors and hosts showing the challenges of working from home in a visual medium that requires a lot of prep time and equipment you won’t find in most people’s living rooms. There may also be a look at how CFRA-AM is getting through the crisis, as radio is also struggling to ensure staff members are protected while still being able to do their jobs. (Could that mean a few special appearances by former Toronto-turned-Ottawa morning host Bill Carroll?)

I’m not sure if those in the GTA will ever be able to see this (although hopefully it will end up streaming on CTV's Ottawa website at some point) but I know we have some members in the capital region who might enjoy this rare behind-the-scenes look at how the sausage is made.

It airs Sunday night at 6:30 PM.

[Edit:] Because of the Snwbirds crash, the special has been rescheduled to 6:30 PM on Monday night.

Covering COVID-19: CTV Ottawa broadcasters reflect on an unprecedented story in a half-hour TV news special

Last edited by RadioActive (May 17, 2020 7:53 pm)

May 18, 2020 10:28 am  #2

Re: CTV To Show Special On How Its Newsroom Covers The Pandemic

I know this doesn't help OTA and cable viewers in the GTA, but I do believe CJOH aka CTV Ottawa is available to Shaw and Bell satellite subscribers. Bell Fibe, I don't know.