sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 26, 2020 7:58 pm  #1

Stronger Together/Tous Ensemble

WOW!!!!

April 27, 2020 7:52 am  #2

Re: Stronger Together/Tous Ensemble

I didn't watch the whole thing but I did enjoy the Bare Naked Ladies/Micheal Buble song.

April 27, 2020 8:20 am  #3

No one has mentioned how much was raised.  My wife kept trying to donate online and could''t get on the web page.

April 27, 2020 8:42 am  #4

Ale Ont wrote:

No one has mentioned how much was raised.  My wife kept trying to donate online and could''t get on the web page.

Their website crashed it was so busy, they are still accepting donations.

April 27, 2020 9:06 am  #5

I had problems too, maybe the website was overwhelmed.  CTV said this morning over $2 million raised and people were still donating.  You can still contribute today. I am going to try again later.

Stronger Together was a very well produced program.  The producers put a lot of thought into the visuals and I was impressed how well everyone spoke. Great music, incredible sound quality and a good positive feeling which is needed, and a little humour throughout.  Very nice right off the top with Rick Mercer and Anne Murray with words of encouragement and kindness for the families in Nova Scotia, grieving for all of those lost last weekend.

The last song, Lean on Me was fantastic, very appropriate and timely.  We should be hearing it on the radio today.  I watched the whole program, except for a few minutes at 7:30pm  when many on our street bang pots and pans every evening to recognize the hard work of health care professionals and everyone else still working to keep us safe.  Everyone last night that was outside at 7:30 was watching the show.

Hats off to Fefe Dobson and Tyler Shaw, two young artists who were instrumental in putting Stronger Together/Tous Ensemble together over the past three weeks. 

Last edited by paterson1 (April 27, 2020 9:07 am)

April 27, 2020 10:38 am  #6

I thought Marie-Mai was just incredible.  What a beautiful woman with a beautiful voice.

April 27, 2020 6:11 pm  #7

The total money raised is now over $6 millions, and the ratings last night, huge..
https://www.bellmedia.ca/the-lede/press/stte-foodbanks/