sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 6, 2020 8:52 pm  #1

CBS To Show World's 1st Post-Pandemic-Made Drama Episode

I've never watched the CBS TV series "All Rise" about a judge, but I might tune in on May 4th just out of curiosity. That's the day a brand new episode filmed after Hollywood shut down will hit screens across North America. How are they doing it? 

Each character will shoot his or her own segment from their houses, and a cinematographer, alone in his car, will shoot exteriors of empty L.A. streets. The show will be put together using Zoom, Facetime and other programs and all social distancing rules will be strictly obeyed. Some special effects will be employed for a few other scenes. 

This is certainly a first for any filmed production but with Hollywood completely shut down for the foreseeable future and almost no new content being made, you have to wonder if it will be the last. It certainly shows where there's a will, there's definitely a way. 

(All this social isolating wouldn't be so bad if someone would just invent the Holodeck that was featured on Star Trek. We wouldn't need to worry about any of this then!) 

All Rise to Shoot Pandemic Episode Using FaceTime, Zoom — Cast Will Record Footage From Inside Homes

April 7, 2020 7:11 am  #2

Re: CBS To Show World's 1st Post-Pandemic-Made Drama Episode

I will definitely tune in, but I have been watching All Rise since it debuted last fall.

May 5, 2020 4:30 pm  #3

Not sure if anyone watched the All Rise referred to above (I DVR-ed it on Monday but haven't seen it yet) but just when you thought there was no new way of ending a TV show's season during pandemic interruptus, comes this remarkable and admittedly creative solution - NBC's The Blacklist will compensate for not being able to finish its season by doing part of this year's final show in animation!

I guess that's one way to end things without leaving viewers in limbo.

But now I really have seen it all. Or at least I will, when it airs May 15th.

The Blacklist's Makeshift Finale to Mix Animation With Live-Action Scenes

May 6, 2020 3:32 pm  #4

According to TV Line, All Rise was one of 18 series renewed by the Eye Network yesterday. Others given the green light included 48 Hours, 60 Minutes, Blue Bloods, Bob Hearts Abishola, Bull, FBI, FBI:Most Wanted, MacGyver, Magnum P.I. NCIS and their LA and NO spinoffs, The Neighbourhood, Seal Team, SWAT, Undercover Boss, and The Unicorn. Previously announced renewals included Amazing Race, Evil, Mom, Survivor and Young Sheldon.             Say good-bye to Tommy, Broke, Carol's Second Act and Man With A Plan.                                                                   Renewing a show is one thing. When it can actually get filmed, when? the corona virus subsides, is another story.

May 6, 2020 3:50 pm  #5

Perhaps they'll pull a Blacklist and make them all animated series!