sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 2, 2020 3:08 pm  #1

National Overnight show on Bell News stations

Late night (for me) last night, thought to myself, how about a little conspiracy radio so I tuned in CKTB and heard the new(?) National overnight talk show on the iHeart Radio network.  Anyone else hear it?  Thoughts?  What I heard for the first few minutes was pretty poorly done, but maybe it's a new thing and give the guy a break.  Think the host does a weekend show on RB.

April 2, 2020 4:21 pm  #2

Re: National Overnight show on Bell News stations

Jason Agnew is the host

April 2, 2020 5:19 pm  #3

pinto wrote:

Late night (for me) last night, thought to myself, how about a little conspiracy radio so I tuned in CKTB and heard the new(?) National overnight talk show on the iHeart Radio network.

If you’re missing the nightly weirdness of Coast-to-Coast, there’s no shortage of places to hear it on the dial.

But there’s another new player in the market covering the same kind of territory. It’s called “Spaced Out Radio,” and it’s hosted by a guy named Dave Scott, who claims to be broadcasting it every night from "on top of a mountain" in B.C.

It has a few American affiliates and now it has a new Canadian one – Sauga960 AM, which will be airing the show every weeknight from 10 PM -1 AM. It appears to be your usual UFO-conspiracy-Yetis-exist-and your-government-is-keeping-things-from-you-type of program. If that’s your thing, I suppose it’s better than the usual reroll that airs on the station now.

But to be honest, I'd never heard of it before today.  

Spaced Out Radio.com

April 2, 2020 5:30 pm  #4

Don't listen to Coast a lot, just thought I would tune it in last night.  Funny thing that I can't connect to the coast website link you provided when I had my VPN on.. LOL

April 2, 2020 8:58 pm  #5

For the past month, Rogers has an all-night news show.  It comes out of Calgary and is also heard in Toronto, Ottawa, Kitchener and Halifax on Rogers news/talk stations.
It is nice to hear all Canadian news as I usually tune in WCBS.  Good for Rogers!!  I hope this lasts.

April 3, 2020 1:54 am  #6

I was a fan of Art Bell. Now Coast to Coast is best when Richard Syrett  & George Knapp are there on weekends. Otherwise not so great......

April 3, 2020 6:34 am  #7

grilled.cheese wrote:

I'm torn. 

some prefer grilled cheese with ketchup while others go for grilled cheese straight up

April 3, 2020 7:56 am  #8

pinto wrote:

Late night (for me) last night, thought to myself, how about a little conspiracy radio so I tuned in CKTB and heard the new(?) National overnight talk show on the iHeart Radio network.  Anyone else hear it?  Thoughts?  What I heard for the first few minutes was pretty poorly done, but maybe it's a new thing and give the guy a break.  Think the host does a weekend show on RB.

I posted about Agnew's show back in March in an earlier SOWNY thread here.

A few weeks in, I'm enjoying his show with a mix of simple call-ins and pop culture segments. I think it's a certain kind of "comfort" people need right now. He's changed up the Guy Smiley game-show vibe from his Sunday show for this nightly one.

April 3, 2020 2:47 pm  #9

Ms. C. wrote:

grilled.cheese wrote:

I'm torn. 

some prefer grilled cheese with ketchup while others go for grilled cheese straight up