sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 9, 2020 6:03 pm  #1

Desmond Cole Does Final CFRB Show

To some, he's an activist. To others, he's an irritant. But however you feel about Desmond Cole, you won't be hearing him on CFRB Sundays anymore.

He signed off after 5 years on the air, essentially ending with a "Fight The Power" type speech as his last words. But he might yet re-appear briefly - he has a new book out and will be doing a tour for it. Those almost always include appearing on local radio outlets and I suspect CFRB will be one of them.   

No info yet on what will replace the show next week. 

February 9, 2020 6:58 pm  #2

Re: Desmond Cole Does Final CFRB Show

More like an irritating activist. To me he was a whiney, left wing shit disturber. But then, I lean to the right politically. Did he decide to leave because it was time for him to move on or not enough ears tuning in Bell decided it was time for him " to pursue other interests"

February 9, 2020 8:03 pm  #3

mace wrote:

More like an irritating activist. To me he was a whiney, left wing shit disturber. But then, I lean to the right politically. Did he decide to leave because it was time for him to move on or not enough ears tuning in Bell decided it was time for him " to pursue other interests"

February 9, 2020 9:13 pm  #4

mace wrote:

Did he decide to leave because it was time for him to move on or not enough ears tuning in Bell decided it was time for him " to pursue other interests"

He said on air that he had decided it was time to "move on." Whether that was a request by management or a personal decision, only those at the station would truly know. But after some of the stunts he's pulled over the years, if Bell hadn't asked him to leave then, I doubt they'd just suddenly pull the plug now. But anything's possible. If someone from 'RB wants to spill the beans, this is as good a place as any to do it.  

February 11, 2020 10:52 am  #5

mace wrote:

his show was as unlistenable an hour as I have ever come across on CFRB. It was actually worse than the Ford Brothers show, which is saying a lot.

February 16, 2020 3:11 pm  #6

Desmond Cole's 4-5 PM Sunday show appears to have been replaced with someone of a like mind - lawyer Knia Singh, who frequently appears on the station's Roundtables and ran for mayor against John Tory in the last municipal election.