sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 20, 2019 7:12 pm  #1

115 American Cable Channels Ranked by 2019 Viewership

December 20, 2019 10:22 pm  #2

Re: 115 American Cable Channels Ranked by 2019 Viewership

I pay 4 bucks a month for a channel ranked lower than golf tv???

December 21, 2019 12:47 am  #3

Does anyone ever see any ratings for Canadian specialty channels? I know that TSN and Sportsnet obviously are strong.  Years ago I did see some ratings for CBC New Network and CTV News Channel but that was prior to Donald Trump coming on the scene.  I understand that CNN is a lot stronger now in Canada than years ago. Anyway it would be interesting to see how how they all rank. W network shows up in the Numeris Top 30 from time to time along with the History Channel and the sports channels.

December 21, 2019 9:40 am  #4

Looking at that list, there are 47 channels I have never even heard of, the highest being #20 and #23. Also, interesting to see that MSNBC has replaced CNN  where lefties get their news.

December 21, 2019 12:55 pm  #5

Thanks for sharing.  It's amazing that Fox News has an audience greater than the bottom 40+ channels.

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

December 22, 2019 7:39 am  #6

Leslieville Bill wrote:

Thanks for sharing.  It's amazing that Fox News has an audience greater than the bottom 40+ channels.

Actually, Middle America, often referred to as flyover country, loves FOX News. It's the East and Left coast that does not.

December 22, 2019 1:34 pm  #7

I think it's scary about Fox being number 1. I'm not a fan of CNN either, but to me Fox is Trump's Pravda.

Last edited by alangee (December 22, 2019 1:34 pm)

December 22, 2019 3:27 pm  #8

I agree, CNN and Fox News Channel are both way too polarized to the left and right and obsessed with President Trump. Some say that CNN is merely doing what Fox did to Obama for eight years, but I think both networks are equally guilty. I guess real news doesn't draw audiences anymore. At least CTV News Channel, CP24 and CBC News Network still make time for some actual news in their broadcasts. Some of CNN's documentaries are excellent however.  History of comedy, and the decade docs were well done.

December 22, 2019 7:50 pm  #9

Who on CNN comes anywhere close to the drek that Hannity, Carlson & Ingram spew?

December 23, 2019 4:00 pm  #10

CNN has no hosts like Hannity, Carlson and Ingram who tend to be a bit extreme, even mean.  However both CNN and Fox are so heavy with opinion based programming, and general editorializing they don't have much time to cover actual day to day news events.

It seems that only bad weather, mass shootings, infotainment or celebrity deaths, the royal family, air crashes and a little business or sports news can break the cycle . Almost everything else during the day is all opinion, and of course, mocking and belittling the other side. I don't see MSNBC, but I understand they are somewhat similar?