sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 18, 2019 11:05 pm  #1

Nevin Grant Congratulations!

Congratulations to my old friend, Nevin Grant who today was inducted into the Canadian Broadcast industry Hall Of Fame and will receive the Allan Waters Lifetime Achievement Award.

So well deserved.  Nevin will receive the award May 21, 2020. Congratulations Nevin.

Last edited by John D (December 18, 2019 11:08 pm)

December 18, 2019 11:14 pm  #2

Re: Nevin Grant Congratulations!

Long, long overdue.

Congratulations Nevin!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

December 18, 2019 11:56 pm  #3

My radio hero!  Thanks for CKOC Nevin and congratulations!

Cheers,
Jody Thornton

December 18, 2019 11:57 pm  #4

Yes! Congratulations to you Nevin. What a career and what a Radio Guy. Applause Applause....

December 19, 2019 8:45 am  #5

I very much appreciate all that Nevin did at CKOC as well. So this is great to see, and very much deserved ... congratulations to Nevin, and thanks to John for sharing this with us here. 

December 19, 2019 11:14 am  #6

A man who loves radio, and did so much for our business. Congratulations on this well deserved award and the recognition.   Enjoy your day on May 21st Nevin, you have earned every moment of it!

December 19, 2019 11:21 am  #7

There wouldn't have been a CKOC as we once knew it without Nevin Grant.

According to an article in Broadcast Dialogue, there may not have been a lot of other well known radio names without him, either:

"Over the years, Grant helped launch the careers of many broadcasters including Roger Ashby, Ronald J. Morey, Gord James, Dave Charles, Brent Sleightholm, Bob Steele, Mike Jaycock, Peter Jaycock, Franklyn Cooper, “Rock ‘N'” Ray Michaels and Bob Bratina, who would go on to become mayor of Hamilton." 

1,150 congratulations!

CKOC’s Nevin Grant to be inducted into Canadian Broadcast Industry Hall of Fame

December 19, 2019 12:03 pm  #8

A nicer guy I've never met. Years ago, I would call him asking for information on CKOC's history, and he very patiently answered my questions. I also got a tour of his personal CKOC museum, an amazing accumulation of artifacts from over the years. All the best Nevin. You deserve it!

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

December 19, 2019 9:20 pm  #9

Nevin is a consummate broadcaster and gentleman. Always gracious and helpful to me when I was starting out in the business. Thanks Nevin - and congratulations!