sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2019 3:50 pm  #1

Matt Galloway says goodbye yesterday in studio and today

Matt Galloway saying goodbye on his last in studio morning show yesterday and again today at the live Sounds of the Season. Nice what he says about Toronto especially on the in studio clip.

https://www.thestar.com/news/gta/2019/12/06/fans-bid-farewell-to-long-time-cbc-radio-metro-morning-host-matt-galloway.html

December 6, 2019 8:25 pm  #2

Re: Matt Galloway says goodbye yesterday in studio and today

I wish him well.   I remember when he filled the shoes of Andy Barrie.   I still prefer Andy, but all the same wish him luck with The Current.   From hearing him do interviews and understanding his hot points, he's not too far from Anna Maria Tremonti, so I don't see a big shift.   I wished for better.   Friday's on The Current were always better for me because it wasn't the same old ...      Hopefully Matt will take the Bull by the horns and make some waves!

December 7, 2019 3:22 pm  #3

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

I really think Galloway is unique in terms of his relationship with the city. Because of that, the CBC will be hard pressed to find someone as broadly literate on Toronto and it's issues as Matt was.

Easy enough. Find someone who fervently believes Toronto is the literal centre of the universe, hates Doug Ford, believes the government should take care of you from cradle to beyond grave, could care less about rising taxes, has the NDP on speed dial, wants all roads in the city to be automobile-free, demands sidewalks be replaced with bike lanes and believes the CBC should get more funding.

Paging Olivia Chow......

Last edited by TheConsultant (December 7, 2019 3:23 pm)

December 7, 2019 5:23 pm  #4

@ SpinningWheel

Andy Barrie was No1 in my books too. When he worked at CJAD in Montreal countless people used to complain they were late for appointments because they couldn't turn off the station until Andy was finished whatever segment he was in the middle of when they arrived at their destination!

What a communicator!

January 6, 2020 11:36 am  #5

Has Galloway's official replacement been named yet? I missed the show on Monday, which is when you'd think a new permanent figurehead would have been announced. Has anyone officially taken over? Not that I'm a regular listener, but this is one of the top morning shows in Toronto. 

January 7, 2020 2:29 pm  #6

No permanent replacement yet. I believe they are trying out candidates on the air. I think it's Piya Chattopadhyay in the hot seat for the next few weeks, maybe longer if CBC decides she's a keeper in that post. 

Last edited by Hansa (January 7, 2020 2:29 pm)