sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 14, 2019 9:25 pm  #1

On Air Drama As Ex-L.A. Morning Man Calls The Guy Who Had Him Fired

This isn't local, but it's an amazing radio story about a retiring longtime radio morning man at KROQ in L.A., whose final show was briefly interrupted by a call from a former colleague whose prank cost him his job - and wound up in court. 

On Bean’s Final Broadcast, ‘Poorman’ Comes on KROQ for First Time Since 1993 Firing — and It Gets Real

The guy behind the prank also gave his own version of the story. 

Fired from KROQ: Poorman’s Redemption

November 15, 2019 10:46 am  #2

Re: On Air Drama As Ex-L.A. Morning Man Calls The Guy Who Had Him Fired

This Poorman dude does seem to have a bad reputation, having been fired from three other major L.A. radio stations. One other thing that caught my eye. He was getting paid  $180,000/yr back in 1993. Would that be considered monster $$$ for a major market?

November 15, 2019 2:46 pm  #3

mace wrote:

This Poorman dude does seem to have a bad reputation, having been fired from three other major L.A. radio stations. One other thing that caught my eye. He was getting paid  $180,000/yr back in 1993. Would that be considered monster $$$ for a major market?

I don't know if this has any relevancy to your question,  but I used one of the dollar/inflation calculators out there.

This one came up with an estimated 2019 value of $345,705.21.   

https://www.dollartimes.com/inflation/inflation.php?amount=1&year=1993

Last edited by Media Observer (November 15, 2019 2:53 pm)

November 15, 2019 5:31 pm  #4

He could have said "this is the promised land calling, and the Poorman is on the line."

November 15, 2019 5:47 pm  #5

Jim “The Poorman” Trenton created and was the original host of Loveline, the very popular syndicated program originating out of KROQ (with Dr. Drew Pinsky.) That might explain the salary.