sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 23, 2016 3:23 pm  #1

CHFI...Can Anyone Confirm This ????

Looking for some help from my fellow old timers here.....

Back in the late 1970's  I had occasion to be in the studios of CHFI...

And I believe that I noticed  just off the newsroom was a glass  walled room where a bunch of videotapes were  running.

These tapes where to my knowledge the (mostly adult) movies supplied to hotels and motels in the GTA...

I know I saw it....can I a confirmation and update these 37 years later ???

Last edited by unclefester (February 23, 2016 3:25 pm)

February 23, 2016 3:30 pm  #2

Re: CHFI...Can Anyone Confirm This ????

25 Adelaide but it wasn't on the 10th or 11th floor.  If I remember correctly it was the 3rd?  The Rogers TV Toronto floor.  That's where there was a monitor wall showing all the channels and a CER beside that where all the origination stuff was done for the various community channels etc.  

I don't remember TWC coming out of there, but it probably did.

Last edited by ig (February 23, 2016 3:33 pm)

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 23, 2016 7:40 pm  #3

Thanks Iain...

I can tell you I knew nothing of the 3rd floor Rogers operation (up until you posted this) but you've certainly got the address correct...

I was sure what I'm referring to was on the 11th floor.  But the old memory can be a tricky thing...

February 23, 2016 7:47 pm  #4

Anything's possible but CHFI was on the 11th floor, CFTR was on the 10th with Theo's and reception if I remember correctly those were the Rogers radio floors.  Cable was on 3, and there were other executive floors that I don't remember because I'm old .   By the way, TWC was suite 316 so that's probably where you saw the hotel feeds.  

Madness takes its toll.  Please have exact change.

February 23, 2016 9:39 pm  #5

TWC with the IVC Type A 1" VTRs.....

And Rogers studio at Adelaide had a couple of IVC 500 cameras... (terrible cameras btw).