sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 3, 2019 7:40 pm  #1

Why weren't the Bills on CBS Buffalo today?

Blackout?

November 3, 2019 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Why weren't the Bills on CBS Buffalo today?

Because they were on Fox

Last edited by Mr magoogain (November 3, 2019 8:32 pm)

November 4, 2019 8:23 am  #3

I believe which network carries the game depends on who the visiting team is.  Fox shows the NFC so if the visitors are from the NFC, as Washington is, Fox gets the game.  Most Bills opponents are AFC teams so CBS usually shows them, as they would for a Bills road game.

November 4, 2019 9:08 am  #4

dieter wrote:

I believe which network carries the game depends on who the visiting team is.  Fox shows the NFC so if the visitors are from the NFC, as Washington is, Fox gets the game.  Most Bills opponents are AFC teams so CBS usually shows them, as they would for a Bills road game.

Generally, that rule applies for the majority of games. However, in the last few years FOX and CBS have begun cross-flexing games. In week 10, Det@Chi will be on CBS. Week 11 will have NYJ@ Washington televised by FOX and in week 13, Washington@Carolina will be broadcast by CBS. My guess is that some weeks there are too many NFC road teams, or AFC road teams. One or two games is shifted to the other network so each network has 3-4 early games to televise.