sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 24, 2019 6:24 pm  #1

Scott and Kat Leave Z103

September 24, 2019 8:12 pm  #2

Re: Scott and Kat Leave Z103

Meh. Didn't care for them. Channel surfing during my morning drive I would come across them. They always did that "missed connections" segment, which sounded like they were mocking people.

One instance I remember is them talking about dating, meeting people online, hooking up, etc. Scott was asked if he was married, and he refused to answer. Then we don't really need your advice or opinion on dating. I know he's mentioned meeting his daughter's boyfriend, but that's about it.

Anyway, what station is looking for a morning show? HTZ FM? Not really their format.

Update: rumour mill online says 91.5 The Beat. Website shows currently no morning show. I believe Kat lives in Cambridge, so much closer to home for her.

Last edited by Brad (September 24, 2019 8:18 pm)

September 24, 2019 8:23 pm  #3

Scott & Kat are probably going to 91.5 the beat in Kitchener & Waterloo area, as the station's breakfast show is currently vacant, but they probably wouldn't be heard anymore in the GTA...

Another breakfast show host Pina which is filling in Kat Callaghan will probably do the one man band show right now... Not sure if Z103.5 will find another host from other stations, cause there's no vacant DJs from Z at the moment, others are occupying different time slots.

The only reason that I listen to Z is because their unique playlist differentiating from other CHR station, with quite a lot of dance and urban music. Still I hope their decision of application from CRTC will release as soon as possible, hopefully a positive one...

September 24, 2019 9:07 pm  #4

100% going to The Beat

Brad wrote:

Scott was asked if he was married, and he refused to answer. Then we don't really need your advice or opinion on dating. I know he's mentioned meeting his daughter's boyfriend, but that's about it.

That doesn't fly in 2019. Opening up and being yourself is the only option. Marilyn and Jamar, Roz and Mocha, Josie Dye and co, Derringer, the new crew on Virgin. Those are/will be winning shows.

Last edited by RadioAaron (September 24, 2019 9:10 pm)

September 25, 2019 3:17 am  #5

grilled.cheese wrote:

Scott Fox is the son of Gary Gamble. 

Scott Fox was also Scott Chapman on 88.5 FM. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

September 25, 2019 3:19 am  #6

So will mornings on Z103 be done by Tony Monico now?  

September 25, 2019 3:46 am  #7

Radiowiz wrote:

Probably not, I guess. As he is doing the night time host and weekend fill in for the station. Neither will The Hammer move to breakfast time, as he’s doing the drive time slot on Z, which is considered quite popular due to the unique music selection.

September 25, 2019 10:08 am  #8

Wow and they werent let go, they decided to go.  Didnt see that too much yet in radio but who knows! Im not one to listen to morning shows due to my schedule but recall back in the day listening to Scott and Ashley Greco when she was on Z.

September 25, 2019 10:49 am  #9

"Scott and myself", "Myself and Kat" ... whatever happened to "I" - as in "I am moving" rather than "Myself am moving"... oh never mind, methink myself take these things too seriously...

September 25, 2019 1:45 pm  #11

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

Something's baffling about this. I wonder if this is an early sign of changes at Z.

If you were doing a morning show with a largely GTA audience, why the celebration to move to Kitchener? Is a format change coming at Z, and they got wind of it?

Thats a very good question! 

September 25, 2019 1:59 pm  #12

Wonder if this ties into the frequency shift request which is sitting with the CRTC at present...

September 25, 2019 2:20 pm  #13

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

Is a format change coming at Z, and they got wind of it?

Well, what's happening with this?: http://sowny.net/viewtopic.php?id=2326 
...and then there's also this: http://sowny.net/viewtopic.php?id=1904

At least now Scott can be live on location for Freedom mobile in Kitchener and not be in Scarborough town centre when he really should have been in an Orangeville shopping mall! lol

September 25, 2019 2:20 pm  #14

Tim Brown 2016 wrote:

Something's baffling about this. I wonder if this is an early sign of changes at Z.

If you were doing a morning show with a largely GTA audience, why the celebration to move to Kitchener? Is a format change coming at Z, and they got wind of it?

Guess it temporarily has nothing to do at the changes of the format... As both Scott & Kat are right now seemingly living in the Tri-Cities area, of course they would like an easy commute. Corus Radio also seems to be a viable employer to work for, although their audience from The Beat would be way less than Z103.5.

Considering the ratings of Z103.5, they’re doing a 2.2 in the summer survey, with a daily cume near 300,000, which I don’t find an urgent need for them to change format.

September 25, 2019 4:09 pm  #15

Listened to Z last Friday night going from Etobicoke to Hamilton area, while the music was good and not repetitive like others of that format, the reception ruined the whole thing.   Fluttering, distorted sounded nastyness until I got out of the city.

September 25, 2019 6:22 pm  #16

Adrian106072 wrote:

Considering the ratings of Z103.5, they’re doing a 2.2 in the summer survey, with a daily cume near 300,000, which I don’t find an urgent need for them to change format.

A format change isn't the problem though. It's the broadcast licence. They were not supposed to operate as a Toronto radio station at all. While those numbers might be great for Toronto, they might not be as great for areas closer to Orangeville...plus also age of listener...etc to consider. 

September 25, 2019 10:46 pm  #17

Probably temporary, but the bios of Pina and Tony Monaco now say morning show host on the Z website.

What a game of musical chairs. Even though the bios were changed, the actual on-air schedule just says Z103.5 Mornings. Pina was covering for Kat on mat leave. Amanda Logan moved from evenings, to cover Pina midday. Tony Monaco covered Amanda in the evenings, and now with Tony in the morning, Jimmy T is moving to evenings from weekends.

September 25, 2019 11:13 pm  #18

Adrian106072 wrote:

Radiowiz wrote:

Probably not, I guess. As he is doing the night time host and weekend fill in for the station. Neither will The Hammer move to breakfast time, as he’s doing the drive time slot on Z, which is considered quite popular due to the unique music selection.

Brad wrote:

the bios of Pina and Tony Monaco now say morning show host on the Z website.

Temporary or not, I am  very proud of myself for knowing the Evanov radio group so well...    

November 1, 2019 8:43 pm  #19

Well Milkman has a job posting for morning show co-host. One responsibility reads "Work with the team to create and deliver a fun and compelling morning show".

So is Pina or Tony getting replaced? Or are they looking for a third person?

https://www.milkmanunlimited.com/post/morning-show-toronto-on