sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 17, 2019 8:55 pm  #1

Proof Reboots Of Old Series Have Finally, Finally Gone Too Far

They tried it with Murphy Brown. 

They gave it a shot with "24."

They've made it work (sort of) with Magnum P.I., Hawaii Five-O, Charmed, Dynasty, Will & Grace and more. 

And NBC announced on Tuesday that its new streaming service will feature new episodes of Saved By The Bell, Battlestar Galactica and (shudder) Punky Brewster. 

But this time, they appear to have finally gone too far in TV's seemingly endless reboot mania. 

Wait till you read what they're planning next: a remake of Hogan's Heroes. 

But not the questionable comedy that took place in a Nazi POW camp in WWII. (I still would have loved to have been at the pitch meeting when the idea for the original series was first broached.)  No, this one will take place a long time after. 

"The reimagined version will be [an] ... action adventure comedy series set in present day focusing on the descendants of the original heroes, now scattered around the world, who team up for a global treasure hunt."

At long last, won't someone think of a new idea? I love one of the reactions in the comments section of TV Line: "Perhaps they’ll finally solve Bob Crane’s murder."

‘Hogan’s Heroes’ Sequel Series In the Works

September 18, 2019 6:19 pm  #2

Re: Proof Reboots Of Old Series Have Finally, Finally Gone Too Far

A Battlestar Galactica reboot? Like the motorcycles in Galactica 1980, it'll never fly...

November 21, 2020 4:14 pm  #3

Re: Proof Reboots Of Old Series Have Finally, Finally Gone Too Far

Animaniacs make a good point.

Last edited by Radiowiz (November 21, 2020 4:14 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.