sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 12, 2019 2:18 pm  #1

Ken Shaw News at Noon

I’ve tried to Google this question a few times; but nothing.  So.  I’ve noticed for quite some time now, Ken  Shaw no longer co-hosts the News at Noon. At first I thought they gave him a Summer break.  Well it’s the middle of Sept. and Michelle is still hosting alone.

Here’s my question. Do you think Ken has a new contract?   After all his service over the years I think he deserves to do just the news at 6. Thoughts?

Last edited by AMFM (September 12, 2019 2:21 pm)

September 12, 2019 3:32 pm  #2

Re: Ken Shaw News at Noon

AMFM wrote:

I’ve tried to Google this question a few times; but nothing. So. I’ve noticed for quite some time now, Ken Shaw no longer co-hosts the News at Noon. At first I thought they gave him a Summer break. Well it’s the middle of Sept. and Michelle is still hosting alone.

Here’s my question. Do you think Ken has a new contract? After all his service over the years I think he deserves to do just the news at 6. Thoughts?

I posted this link in a different thread here, but perhaps what's going on in Buffalo might parallel this situation. 

WKBW anchor Keith Radford expects to get new deal 

September 12, 2019 7:15 pm  #3

I also noticed this today when I was watching, and normally CFTO would have a fill-in anchor for either Ken or Michelle. I've never seen them have a solo anchor at Noon.

I also wonder if CTV is about to cull some of their longest-serving news anchors across the network. Daryl McIntyre, the 6 PM anchor at CFRN/CTV Edmonton for 33 years was forced to take a buyout. His last day is September 13 (https://edmontonjournal.com/news/local-news/liane-faulder-its-a-wrap-as-daryl-mcintyre-leaves-the-nightly-news-desk-at-ctv).

Did Ken Shaw strike a deal to have him work part time, and cut his salary? What does this mean for others long-serving CTV News anchors across the network like Steve Murphy (Atlantic), Mutsumi Takahashi (Montreal), Gord Leclerc (Winnipeg), et al?

September 12, 2019 7:58 pm  #4

grilled.cheese wrote:

I think he's focusing on his car dealership.

Nobody deals like Dilawri.

September 13, 2019 11:15 am  #5

Is Ken Shaw Lexus actually owned by Ken Shaw of CFTO?   

September 13, 2019 11:23 am  #6

Is Ken Shaw Lexus actually owned by Ken Shaw of CFTO?   

No..

September 15, 2019 11:16 am  #7

patmantim wrote:

Nobody deals like Dilawri.

If you lived in Stittsville, you'd be home by now.

September 15, 2019 11:58 am  #8

Just beyond the Fringe AM and A's...

But, did you know that Dilawri has dealerships in the GTA?

https://dilawri.ca

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

September 23, 2019 12:52 pm  #9

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Just beyond the Fringe AM and A's...

But, did you know that Dilawri has dealerships in the GTA? 

Wow! I had no idea.

I lived in Ottawa during the sixties. Used to see their commercials.

Whenever the family returned from an out-of-town visit along Hwy 7, we'd pass the  "...you'd be home..."  Stittsville sign.

September 24, 2019 3:45 pm  #10

grilled.cheese wrote:

I think he's focusing on his car dealership.