sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 16, 2019 3:49 pm  #31

Re: CN Tower FMs

Saul wrote:

I know the stations were on auxiliaries last night. I recorded a few channels. Does this mean the radome painting is still yet to come?

Are the CN Tower stations switching to low power or off the past few nights according to your info?  I don't see the work being done yet as the FM portion of the mast isnt redone yet judging from what I see, working downtown next to the tower.

August 16, 2019 9:51 pm  #32

Tower stations were on very low power last night (Friday morning) as well as the Monday and Wednesday mornings of this week. So something went on there.

I am ready to do some recording if this happens on the weekend. If it happens when I'm in Toronto - possibly starting on Sunday night - I might venture to the Scarborough Bluffs or to my Snowball site nw of the city if conditions warrant.

August 18, 2019 9:46 am  #33

As of yesterday, CFPT’s antenna on FCP has already begun facilitating to its full power. The signal’s clear throughout the 401 stretch in North York, without much interference by WYRK. Just some scatter at the background, maybe working on the fine-tuning part of the antenna.

August 18, 2019 10:04 am  #34

Adrian106072 wrote:

As of yesterday, CFPT’s antenna on FCP has already begun facilitating to its full power. The signal’s clear throughout the 401 stretch in North York, without much interference by WYRK. Just some scatter at the background, maybe working on the fine-tuning part of the antenna.

I noticed a marked improvement with CFPT as I drove throughout central York Region (Aurora down to Stouffville) Friday night. There was no apparent ducting from Buffalo so WYRK wasn't breaking in at all. Yesterday and today, WYRK is occaisionally overpowering CFPT but nowhere near as bad as before (with the original CFPT site).

I'd say coverage up this way is comparable with the orignal AVR signal. In other words, not bad, all things considered.

Refreshing that at least so far, CFPT is being comparatively light with the audio processing. How long that lasts remains to be seen.

Last edited by Tim Brown 2016 (August 18, 2019 10:18 am)

August 19, 2019 4:51 pm  #35

CN Tower stations have been on the last few nights. Anyone know if further outages are planned (or where auxiliaries might be used)?

(Still going through recordings ... have lots ... but have a few intriguing things, including presumed Portuguese on 97.3 (twice, actually) which would be a Boston-area station. And Lexington KY on 104.5, and Aurora NE on 97.3... plus Winnipeg on 91.1 and 107.1. More to review...