sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 15, 2019 10:34 pm  #1

Wow this is a bit shocking for us Canadian voters

The Globe and Mail reports that Elections Canada is hiring 13 Social Media influencer's to encourage our youth to get out and vote this October...

I am not so sure about this and it sounds a little heavy handed...

But, one thing is interesting who will our youth gravitate to as far as who they might vote for...Kawhi Leonard isn't on the ballet and I highly doubt that Andrew Scheer is captivating our Millennial's.

Here is more on this story.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-elections-canada-to-reveal-identities-of-13-social-media-influencers/

Comment away!

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

June 22, 2019 8:06 am  #2

Re: Wow this is a bit shocking for us Canadian voters

Elections Canada has dropped the plan / project as of Thursday...

from CBC...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/elections-canada-abandon-infleuncers-campaign-1.5183089

June 22, 2019 10:47 am  #3

Glen Warren wrote:

Elections Canada has dropped the plan / project as of Thursday...

from CBC...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/elections-canada-abandon-infleuncers-campaign-1.5183089

Elections Canada budgeted $650,000 for the videos. Most of that money has been spent already; the agency said it is working to recover some of it.

Of course.

One of the people they recruited for this does Minecraft videos ... Very 2014. 10-year-olds from back then still wouldn't be old enough to vote now.

June 22, 2019 1:20 pm  #4

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Kawhi Leonard isn't on the ballet and I highly doubt that Andrew Scheer is captivating our Millennial's.

When mocking the intelligence of millennials, maybe don't add an apostrophe that doesn't need to be there.  Being old doesn't make you smart.

June 22, 2019 3:16 pm  #5

Prod Guy wrote:

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

Kawhi Leonard isn't on the ballet and I highly doubt that Andrew Scheer is captivating our Millennial's.

When mocking the intelligence of millennials, maybe don't add an apostrophe that doesn't need to be there.  Being old doesn't make you smart.

A misspelling of "ballot" was right in-front of you yet an apostrophe had you rushing to the keyboard? Way to walk into that one....

June 24, 2019 11:36 pm  #6

WilliamT wrote:

Prod Guy wrote:

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

in-front

I'll just leave this here.

June 24, 2019 11:49 pm  #7

For some reason I can't get the image of Kawhi Leonard in a tutu out of my head.