sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 30, 2019 4:21 pm  #1

Now It's A San Francisco Radio Station Banning Drake

I'm tempted to say "it's been done, find something original." But now Drake is off one more station's playlist, this time in the Bay Area, for at least the duration of the NBA Final.

San Francisco radio station won't play Drake during NBA Final

May 30, 2019 4:28 pm  #2

Re: Now It's A San Francisco Radio Station Banning Drake

We should ban Rice-a Roni...San Francisco's treat! Ship all of our boxes back to them!

Maybe they can use it for the Mexican/U.S. wall, boxes stacked up as high as Canada is wide!

Just sayin' ;)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 30, 2019 5:06 pm  #3

Well,  the NBA did call on the Raptors yesterday to "discuss" their global ambassador Drake's courtside antics... er, involvement....

May 30, 2019 5:16 pm  #4

O.K. but I reserve the right to continue to listen to Jefferson Airplane, whenever they're played on an oldies station...

May 30, 2019 6:43 pm  #5

Now, a little, no, make that, a lot, of class...

HERE'S TO THE BIGGEST OF DREAMS

The kind that inspire wide-eyed kids to go all the way from shooting on the neighbourhood hoop
to dunking in front of thousands of screaming fans. The kind of dreams that propel a 24-year-old
franchise to its first NBA finals. And though we may be opponents now, in the Golden State we
support all who dream big. In that spirit, no matter how the series ends, we invite you to come
visit. Join us. And chase down a big dream of your own, here in California. visit california.ca

(Half-page ad in today's Toronto Star)

Last edited by mike marshall (May 30, 2019 6:46 pm)

May 31, 2019 7:20 am  #6

Just out of curiosity, how often did Drake appear on screen during Sportsnet's broadcast of game one?  I cannot stand listening to UBER Pro Raptor Matt Devlin so I watched the ABC telecast. On ABC, he appeared briefly in the background waving bye bye to the Warrior players during a post game interview.

May 31, 2019 2:02 pm  #7

mace wrote:

Just out of curiosity, how often did Drake appear on screen during Sportsnet's broadcast of game one? (Edit) On ABC, he appeared briefly in the background waving bye bye to the Warrior players during a post game interview.

I watched the play-by-play on WXYZ (ABC, too). Didn't so much notice him waving,,,shooting off his mouth in Draymond Green's direction at game end was more like it. An online story later said Drake appeared "to utter the words 'trash' along the way."
Somebody should sit him (and Raps management) down soon and explain how the Goodwill Ambassador concept works. His sense of entitlement and attitude leave much to be desired.

Question: Does Drake constantly jump out of his seat to better see or be better seen?

He has a front row seat. What's his problem?