sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 24, 2019 8:59 pm  #1

Things in the media that make you go hmmm?

1. When will James Holzhauer lose? Is it me or is he completely unlikable?  hmmm...he won again tonight and has topped 2 million smackers...

2. Wondering why Trivago hasn't cut the Trivago guy after is DUI charge? hmmm...I still like him as a spokesperson, but I keep thinking of the charges

3. The Stanley Cup Finals start Monday (thanks Splunge)...with 2 teams that many in Southern Ontario and probably Quebec, could care less about, wondering how ratings will be for the quest for Lord Stanley's mug? hmmm...

4. How did Calm Streaming Radio get that much financing? What the what???  hmmmm...

Okay, have an hmmm-mazing weekend Big Yella!

Last edited by Muffaraw Joe (May 25, 2019 6:58 am)

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

May 25, 2019 12:07 am  #2

Re: Things in the media that make you go hmmm?

1.  how did this guy get to $2 mil in 27 shows when it took jennings something like 75 to hit $2.5 mil?
2. when trivago guy first started, it was amongst a soccer mom firestorm of lust.  one texas dui isn't gonna kill a successful campaign.  maybe he found the rental car on trivago?
3.  Stanley Cup finals actually start monday.  and no, based on the ratings, nobody could care less.  except for leaf fans who just wanna see boston lose at all costs!
4.  calm radio lulled the financiers into submission.

May 25, 2019 5:23 am  #3

splunge wrote:

1.  how did this guy get to $2 mil in 27 shows when it took jennings something like 75 to hit $2.5 mil?
2. when trivago guy first started, it was amongst a soccer mom firestorm of lust.  one texas dui isn't gonna kill a successful campaign.  maybe he found the rental car on trivago?
3.  Stanley Cup finals actually start monday.  and no, based on the ratings, nobody could care less.  except for leaf fans who just wanna see boston lose at all costs!
4.  calm radio lulled the financiers into submission.

To answer #1, Holtzhauer's average winnings per show are much higher than that of Jennings. Holtzhauer is averaging $76,501 per game on a .970 response accuracy. Jennings averaged $33,727 per game on a .597 accuracy. Holtzhauer is answering more questions.correctly and therefore piling up more cash winnings.

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

May 25, 2019 6:38 am  #4

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

3. 2 teams that many in Southern Ontario and probably Quebec, could care less about, wondering how ratings will be for the quest for Lord Stanley's mug?

It could be argued that many could NOT care less this year, due to the Raptors factor

May 25, 2019 10:43 am  #5

Boston and St. Louis are the only two cities to have met in the SuperBowl, Stanley Cup, World Series and NBA Championship. SuperBowl-2001 World Series-1946,1947,2004,2013. NBA-1957,1958,1960,1961. Stanley Cup-1970,2019. Boston leads 7-3. St. Louis won the 46 and 47 World Series and the 1958 NBA title.

May 25, 2019 1:40 pm  #6

Muffaraw Joe wrote:

2. Wondering why Trivago hasn't cut the Trivago guy after is DUI charge? hmmm...I still like him as a spokesperson, but I keep thinking of the charges 

A slap on the wrist and a "Don't do it again" message is most likely what happened. I doubt he will be replaced.
If so, I'm sure he'll find a good agent to get him other work in Television anyway.

Here's what comes up when googling "Will Tim Williams be replaced":
https://www.houstonchronicle.com/local/article/10-things-you-may-not-know-about-Trivago-actor-13760943.php#photo-17210658

Last edited by Radiowiz (May 25, 2019 1:40 pm)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

May 25, 2019 3:19 pm  #7

mace wrote:

Boston and St. Louis are the only two cities to have met in the SuperBowl, Stanley Cup, World Series and NBA Championship. SuperBowl-2001 World Series-1946,1947,2004,2013. NBA-1957,1958,1960,1961. Stanley Cup-1970,2019. Boston leads 7-3. St. Louis won the 46 and 47 World Series and the 1958 NBA title.

Great trivia Mace! Entering this season, the Blues are also tied with Toronto for the most consecutive seasons without winning a Stanley Cup. Should St. Louis win, the Leafs will have the current record all to themselves. Toronto is closing in on the all-time record of years without a Cup (54), set by the New York Rangers between 1940 and 1995.

Last edited by Dale Patterson (May 25, 2019 3:20 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram