sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

February 21, 2019 2:56 am  #1

Toronto Mike podcast and the mystery 4 episode edit

There's a mystery wrapped up in a tweet yesterday from Toronto Mike where he hints that due to legal reasons he must edit four episodes of his podcast, and repost them.

Mike hasn't gone into the specifics on which episodes, "I simply can't afford justice..." is how the short tweet begins, nor does he say why exactly the edits were required.

On the Twitter thread he has answered the multiple questions from followers guessing details, and there's enough info given to point a regular listener of the podcast in the right direction to probably figure out which episodes.

I've found the Toronto Mike podcasts to be entertaining, and well done, and because Mike has already publicly spoken about the upcoming edit of the four episodes I felt it worth mentioning his tweet on the big yellow board.

Hope it all works out in the end Mike and I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes of the podcast.

Last edited by betaylored (February 21, 2019 3:25 am)

February 21, 2019 9:04 am  #2

Re: Toronto Mike podcast and the mystery 4 episode edit

betaylored wrote:

There's a mystery wrapped up in a tweet yesterday from Toronto Mike where he hints that due to legal reasons he must edit four episodes of his podcast, and repost them.

Mike hasn't gone into the specifics on which episodes, "I simply can't afford justice..." is how the short tweet begins, nor does he say why exactly the edits were required.

On the Twitter thread he has answered the multiple questions from followers guessing details, and there's enough info given to point a regular listener of the podcast in the right direction to probably figure out which episodes.

I've found the Toronto Mike podcasts to be entertaining, and well done, and because Mike has already publicly spoken about the upcoming edit of the four episodes I felt it worth mentioning his tweet on the big yellow board.

Hope it all works out in the end Mike and I'm looking forward to hearing more episodes of the podcast.

He's had an update in the Open Mike comments now. Four episode's related to Jazz FM.

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

February 21, 2019 12:37 pm  #3

Even if Mike did nothing wrong; even if his guests said nothing wrong; the reality is that you have to be able to "afford" to stand your ground.

Perhaps, in the end, he might win a court case, and even recover costs, but those with deep pockets can beat you down pretty quickly. As a young family man, protecting the family's finances comes before valour.

February 21, 2019 1:16 pm  #4

If this is about Jazz FM, I will spend all day searching. 

February 22, 2019 9:17 am  #5

grilled.cheese wrote:

lol   

Last edited by Scraps (February 22, 2019 9:17 am)

February 22, 2019 9:39 am  #6

"VIA EMIAL"

Huh? Seems the law office needs more competent staff. Is that slanderous too?

February 22, 2019 9:43 am  #7

I don't understand the reason behind this letter.  If Mike was basically quoting the Globe and Mail, shouldn't Porter go after them? 

February 22, 2019 10:27 am  #8

That letter is ridiculous.

Among other things, trying to dump Ross's kids shit on Toronto Mike. lol. Get stuffed. 

February 22, 2019 10:33 am  #9

Interesting that he went to Howard Levitt, a regular CFRB guest who also hosts his own paid time show on the station on the weekend. Everything about this story leads back to radio! 

February 22, 2019 1:23 pm  #10

I stand with Toronto Mike on this issue. Seriously.  

Last edited by Doug Thompson (February 22, 2019 1:29 pm)

February 22, 2019 3:18 pm  #11

that third paragraph can easily lead one to say "and your point is?"... and that includes the paragraph's last line.

February 22, 2019 3:49 pm  #12

Can't wait 'til Marc Weisblott gets his teeth into this

February 22, 2019 4:00 pm  #13

Weisblott is on the podcast Thursday. He's visiting monthly now.

I didn't mean for the tweet to sound clickbaity, I just didn't want to publish this until my lawyer reviewed it.

February 22, 2019 4:14 pm  #14

Not sure why you'd use an employment and labour lawyer for a slander notice.  Doesn't seem like you're trying too hard.  

Last edited by Leslieville Bill (February 22, 2019 4:35 pm)

- Not an industry person.  Just a guy with a love of Toronto radio. 

February 22, 2019 5:04 pm  #15

ahhh, weisblott... i remember when he was a regular poster on this here board... that's when we had to walk through 10 feet of snow just to see the computer screen... and we liked it... we liked it a lot! 

February 22, 2019 6:49 pm  #16

Levitt is also handling the wingnut libel cases of Lindsay Sheppard and Jordan Peterson. I guess this goes to show that if you want to sue for defamation and don't have a leg to stand on, go to an employment lawyer. 

February 22, 2019 9:10 pm  #17

It was Weisblott who really revived the board when he started posting here in late 2000. I was getting ready close it due to lack of interest and the fact that our server was going out of business. But I discovered Boardhost and kept it going. Then I noticed a considerable amount of activity in the wake of Weisblott's postings. So the board continued and is still here some two decades later. BTW, the board was originally established to discuss classic Top 40 radio, but that sure changed.

Last edited by Dale Patterson (February 22, 2019 11:26 pm)

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

February 22, 2019 9:21 pm  #18

He and "Adma" were quite entertaining. Well written intellectual points while sill being jerks - many regulars didn't know how to deal with them.

February 22, 2019 11:02 pm  #19

Hansa wrote:

Levitt is also handling the wingnut libel cases of Lindsay Sheppard and Jordan Peterson. I guess this goes to show that if you want to sue for defamation and don't have a leg to stand on, go to an employment lawyer. 

Levitt actually approached Lindsay Sheppard and offered to handle her case pro bono because he was so disgusted by the whole affair.

Considering what his normal hourly rate is, that's a hell of an offer.