sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

September 14, 2026 11:06 am  #1


Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

I have noticed that Global has not been running Saturday Night Live for the past few weeks. Maybe this was part of the agreement but the show left Global about a month before the new season and debut on CTV on Sept 26 for season 52. 

Meanwhile SNL UK continues on.  Here is a funny sketch they did for their opening, taking a real shot at Harry and Meghan and their return to the UK...Prince Harry and Meghan's U.K. return gets a very British roast in Saturday Night Live UK sketch | CBC News

Last edited by paterson1 (September 14, 2026 12:15 pm)

 

September 14, 2026 1:49 pm  #2


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

Only a guess here... likely due to their contract coming to an end vs just dropping it. 

Last edited by radiokid (September 14, 2026 1:49 pm)

 

September 14, 2026 2:10 pm  #3


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

Would make total sense that the contract ended Aug 30. That’s also more-or less when I noticed CTV starting to promote it.

 

September 15, 2026 8:05 am  #4


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

paterson1 wrote:

I have noticed that Global has not been running Saturday Night Live for the past few weeks. Maybe this was part of the agreement but the show left Global about a month before the new season and debut on CTV on Sept 26 for season 52. 

Meanwhile SNL UK continues on.  Here is a funny sketch they did for their opening, taking a real shot at Harry and Meghan and their return to the UK...Prince Harry and Meghan's U.K. return gets a very British roast in Saturday Night Live UK sketch | CBC News

 
I watched the season opener of SNL UK as well. The Harry & Meghan sketch was probably the best in this episode. I “get” British humour yet I find SNL UK is neither British or funny a lot of the time. I watched the entire last season so I am familiar with the writing and it still needs work. Also, the musical guest was CMAT and I wasn’t impressed, although she’s doing well over there! Each to their own….

 

September 15, 2026 8:52 am  #5


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

I haven't watched SNL since they cancelled Mr. Bill! OOOOOOOOOHHHH NOOOOOOOHHH

 

September 26, 2026 10:45 am  #6


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

For SNL fans or those curious, the 52nd season debut is on tonight at 11:30.  The show is on CTV/Crave for the first time. 

     •Thread Starter
 

September 26, 2026 11:29 am  #7


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

paterson1 wrote:

For SNL fans or those curious, the 52nd season debut is on tonight at 11:30.  The show is on CTV/Crave for the first time. 

Thanks for that info. I also noticed that They moved local Toronto news back an hour to 10:30 to make everything fit.
(The 11pm National newscast will air as it always does @ 11pm)
 


CityNews 24/7: https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/
RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

September 26, 2026 11:38 pm  #8


Re: Global Dumps SNL One Month Before New Season

so...  maybe programming forgot to mention the SNL season premiere to scheduling and master control...

but otherwise, it was an enjoyable Seinfeld rerun....