sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 10, 2026 12:59 pm  #1


Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

 

April 10, 2026 1:03 pm  #2


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

I used to hear CHIN 1540 over an extremely ancient fax machine when I lived on Berkeley Street near King & Parliament. That was a DX logbook I thankfully managed to keep at just one station.

 

April 10, 2026 4:39 pm  #3


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

I wonder if she heard "Leader of the Laundromat" by the Detergents?


"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram
 

April 10, 2026 8:34 pm  #4


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

Memories of Lucille Ball's fillings.

 

April 10, 2026 8:59 pm  #5


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

When my first child was a baby, I used to hear neighbours talking on their cordless phones through the baby monitor.

 

April 11, 2026 12:05 am  #6


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

Dale Patterson wrote:

I wonder if she heard "Leader of the Laundromat" by the Detergents?

If so, maybe she first wondered who's playing the piano? 


CityNews 24/7: https://toronto.citynews.ca/video/
RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

 
 

April 11, 2026 11:17 pm  #7


Re: Woman Complains Radio Station Is Coming From Her Dishwasher

Capricasix wrote:

When my first child was a baby, I used to hear neighbours talking on their cordless phones through the baby monitor.

There are DXers who monitor utility bands where these things reside. I know one DXer who has heard baby monitors in neighbouring homes. Think twice as to where you discuss drug deals, what you've stolen from your workplace, and where you bury your bodies.

And, living downtown, I once caught a neighbour video recording their jewelry collection on channel 15. What I'd have given to have known the address and been able to say, "Good morning, Mrs. Shapiro. My, that's one gorgeous pink gold Cartier Love bracelet you've safely stored away."

Last edited by Saul (April 11, 2026 11:19 pm)