sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum


You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 26, 2026 5:25 pm  #1


10,000 broadcasts and counting

This Australian news team is still going strong and a testament to the value of strong community ties.

https://archive.ph/2SgG1

 

March 26, 2026 5:40 pm  #2


Re: 10,000 broadcasts and counting

I don’t know about co-anchor teams, but the closest we might have to this in Canada is Mutsumi Takahashi, who has anchored at CFCF in Montreal since 1986. There was also Darryl Jans at CFCN (CTV Calgary) from 1973-2013, and of course Ken Shaw and Christine Bentley at CFTO.

Last edited by MJ Vancouver (March 26, 2026 5:40 pm)

 

March 27, 2026 9:49 am  #3


Re: 10,000 broadcasts and counting

40 years is truly impressive. And I thought the 24 years Irv, Rick and Tom spent together at WKBW was a big deal.

 

March 27, 2026 2:54 pm  #4


Re: 10,000 broadcasts and counting

Binson Echorec wrote:

How many years were Gord and Ann paired up at CityPulse?

If I’m not mistaken, it was around 26 years - initially on CityPulse Tonight and then CityPulse at 6 starting in 1987.