sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 29, 2017 5:54 pm  #1

a question for you marketing types

Is Subaru's TV commercial for the Crosstrek, in which a bunch of cars run around a muddy field like dogs in an off-leash doggie park, working for the company?   Everything canine is there except vehicles sniffing each other's tailpipe & humping each other.  

Could Jack Berkovitz or Russel Oliver have achieved a better result?

Last edited by geo (October 29, 2017 6:44 pm)

October 29, 2017 6:53 pm  #2

Re: a question for you marketing types

I kind of like the ad...but the radio ads with the guy nestling next to a playful horse and then hanging with grandma and eating her baked goods, is a bit too much.

I don't know if it is me...but I find a lot of ads both on radio and t.v. really annoying, lacking creativity and class.

I get tired of Russell, Lou, Harold, Diamond and Diamond, Sklar and Associates, either yelling at me or trying to make me the money I am losing for various reasons...

Bring back some good ads and smart creative.

Case in point...see below...

Stan Freberg's tribute to radio and using it as a medium to reach your audience...

It was in a time when ads were brilliant...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0C4e59yZExk

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

October 29, 2017 8:55 pm  #3

I have seen the tv ad many times-but I couldn't tell you what was being advertised.

October 30, 2017 3:46 pm  #4

In our hyper-communicated, media-saturated, focus-fractured, attention-deficit disordered world, cute and likable (such as the ad in question) is more profitably purposed when both unique and compelling.  

How?  By following a simple marketing equation - IEEO:

Interrupt - based on your prospects' most intensely held hot-buttons.
Engage - with a promise/implied promise of decision-facilitating information or a decision-facilitating experience to come.
Educate - based on what the prospects want to know to have the confidence to take the next step in the buyer journey.
Offer - a low risk/no risk offer of decision-facilitating information or a decision-facilitating experience to take the next step in the buyer journey.

This approach has generated millions in documented sales results for my own clients, directly attributable - media company by media company - to their specific media spend.  

Andy McNabb
AndyMcNabb.com

October 31, 2017 11:18 am  #5

Andy McNabb wrote:

In our hyper-communicated, media-saturated, focus-fractured, attention-deficit disordered world, cute and likable (such as the ad in question) is more profitably purposed when both unique and compelling 

Are you saying that in your opinion the subject ad is not likely to generate sales for the advertiser because it is not profitably purposed or that sales should skyrocket because it is both unique and compelling?

October 31, 2017 11:43 am  #6

Based on the IEEO equation, the advertiser is leaving money on the table without a unique and compelling, low risk/no risk offer as per the parameters stated. 

It's another step forward to capture prospects' contact information and engage them in the next step of the sales process.

Last edited by Andy McNabb (October 31, 2017 11:44 am)

Andy McNabb
AndyMcNabb.com

October 31, 2017 4:07 pm  #7

Thank you for clarifying that