sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

May 11, 2023 3:26 pm  #1

Her Job Is No Longer In Jeopardy! Host Quits Over Writers' Strike

Not only did Mayim Bialik just lose her "Call Me Kat" show on Fox, she's now out of another high-profile TV job - but this time, by her own hand.

The actress/rotating host of Jeopardy! has walked out on the final few tapings of the game show for the year, in solidarity with the striking Hollywood writers. It's not immediately clear if she'll be back once the walkout ends. 

For now, Ken Jennings will take over for her on the remaining episodes. 

‘Jeopardy!’: Mayim Bialik Leaves Final Week Of Filming In Solidarity With Writers But Production Continues

May 11, 2023 7:33 pm  #2

Re: Her Job Is No Longer In Jeopardy! Host Quits Over Writers' Strike

I don’t mind Mayim, but there are a lot of hardcore Jeopardy fans who would rather Ken Jennings be the only host. So there will be some Jeopardy fans very happy about this.

May 12, 2023 8:23 am  #3

Mayim did an acceptable job as Jeopardy host. However, I preferred Ken Jennings. To me he seemed more polished and professional.

May 12, 2023 8:44 am  #4

That's good news that Blossom has quit Jeopardy!.  She comes across as a little girl pretending she's a game show host.  Ken Jennings is much better.  I hope he finally gets the gig fulltime -- if he wants it.

May 12, 2023 9:05 am  #5

I respect her decision and she appears to be basing this on principle.  I have not heard her or her rep commenting on this trying to garner some airtime, or column width...  just a few stories in entertainment or industry reports.

No doubt Ms. Bialik will be involved in future projects and productions, and the Writers Guild members who will work with her will respect her, as she is demonstrating that she is respectful of them.

May 12, 2023 9:53 am  #6

According to Showbuzz Daily, the first three nights of Jeopardy Masters is averaging 5.572M viewers. Among the 18-49 crowd women are averaging a 5.9 share, men 4.4.

May 12, 2023 10:10 am  #7

Radio Bob wrote:

That's good news that Blossom has quit Jeopardy!.  She comes across as a little girl pretending she's a game show host.  Ken Jennings is much better.  I hope he finally gets the gig fulltime -- if he wants it.

That's not to say the producers might not welcome Mayim back once the writers' strike ends. Nowhere in any of the stories does it say she's been officially terminated - just that she left for the last few taped shows of the season. 

They could decide she's gone for leaving them in the lurch (although she had to know Jennings was waiting in the wings) or they could just allow her to come back with no real consequences.  

Either way, there will be no tag days for Ms. Bailik, with what I suspect will be her endless residuals for reruns of The Big Bang Theory and her Ph.D in neuroscience. Even if she never returns, I'm sure her future will "Blossom!"

Speaking of which:

[url=https://variety.com/2023/scene/columns/mayim-bialik-blossom-reboot-1235591813/#!]Mayim Bialik Says Script for ‘Blossom’ Reboot Is Done: ‘All of the Cast Is on Board’[/url]