sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 29, 2023 12:54 am  #1

Some Pre-Super Bowl Commercials Are Already Online

The game doesn't air until Feb. 12th, but there are already some pre-Super Bowl spots previewing online.

2023 Super Bowl commercials: Watch all the Big Game ads (so far)

January 29, 2023 1:55 am  #2

Re: Some Pre-Super Bowl Commercials Are Already Online

This just got exciting! (lol)  What will Megan Trainor do now that her hand is stuck in a Pringles tin? 

Does she stay that way for life or what??? 
Not likely, but then again, Pringles already has an ad where someone stays that way for life...

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 29, 2023 1:58 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

January 29, 2023 7:56 am  #3

Ozzy Osbourne wearing a tie. That's hilarious.

January 31, 2023 1:26 am  #4

I REALLY hope CTV picks up this ad for the Canadian sim sub of the Super Bowl.
It is a very funny Pizza Pizza ad: 

Last edited by Radiowiz (January 31, 2023 1:26 am)

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

February 6, 2023 5:49 pm  #5

Fox has confirmed that it has now officially sold out every single commercial availability for this year's Super Bowl, with a few 30 second spots going for the eye-popping price of $7 million.

I know getting your product on the most watched event of the year is not only prestigious but likely good for business, but I can't see how paying $7 million for 30 secs. of air time can ever really be worth it. But someone with a lot of money does. 

As I calculate it, that translates to roughly $233,333.33 per second. I hope it's worth it!

Fox Sells Out Super Bowl Ad Inventory, With Some 30-Second Spots Fetching Upwards Of $7 Million 

February 6, 2023 6:19 pm  #6

The latest early spot release brings together two familiar faces from the classic "Breaking Bad" - including the original Walter White.

February 6, 2023 8:13 pm  #7

RadioActive wrote:

The latest early spot release brings together two familiar faces from the classic "Breaking Bad" - including the original Walter White.

I don't get the humour. But then I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad.

February 6, 2023 9:00 pm  #8

mace wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

I don't get the humour. But then I've never seen an episode of Breaking Bad.

It makes sense if you ever watched the show.    It sure beats seeing Aaron Paul on the Bet 365 spots numerous times during every hockey and football game (when Wayne Gretzky and Connor McDavid aren't shilling for BetMGM).  

February 7, 2023 6:31 am  #9

Several of the ads featuring Danny McBride [Downy] and Miles & Keleigh Teller [Bud Light] were also lost on me. I had to Google them. Still not funny but much much better than the Bet365/MGM ads that I am sure will run endlessly on the CTV version of the game.

February 7, 2023 11:17 am  #10

While there are always a few gems, I don't think the commercials for this Sunday have the same interest as years ago.  Could be because many people will have already seen them on line.

Last year according to Variety, NBC took in $578.4 million from the game, and a total revenue of $636 million including the pre and post game commercials. This was a boost of $100 million from 2021. Last year NBC was charging 6 to 6.5 million per 30 second ad and did have a few that were 7 million.  

Does anyone know what CTV/TSN charge?  Last figures I saw were from 2020 when simsub came back and they were charging an average of a little over $197,000 for a 30 second spot.  That year FOX was getting $5 million per ad.  So CTV/TSN was a very good deal for advertisers.  In Canada last year the game averaged  8.1 million viewers on CTV/TSN and RDS and peaked at 11.5 million for the half time show.  16.9 million Canadians watched at least part of the broadcast in 2022 on CTV/TSN/RDS and this represented about 45% of the population.   

Last edited by paterson1 (February 7, 2023 11:41 am)

February 7, 2023 11:50 am  #11

Little known fact that occasionally a Canadian company produces a commercial that ends up on the Super Bowl broadcast.  This commercial was produced in BC by a small production company owned by two brothers.  This popular ad ended up on the big broadcast in 2015 here and in the US, and that year was considered one of the best. 
https://www.yout-ube.com/watch?v=Li7Htpr_tAg 

February 8, 2023 9:48 pm  #12

February 9, 2023 10:42 am  #13

CTV usually has more than one of the Super Bowl ads.  Depends if they have many of the same advertisers as FOX and if the advertiser in Canada can or wants to run the US ad.  Last year CTV/TSN had various ads that were the same as the US broadcast, including the excellent ad for GM that featured Dr. Evil.

Commercials for AT&T, Verizon, Bud Ultra Light and more specific US companies and products would never show up on CTV/TSN. 

Here is a list of some of the Super Bowl ads that ran on CTV last year.  More than a few were the same as the US broadcast. Also worth noting that Canadian companies also premiere new ads on the big game as well.  Some of these are quite good.   More from Strategy..https://strategyonline.ca/2022/02/11/the-ads-canadians-will-see-during-the-super-bowl/

February 12, 2023 9:25 pm  #14

I'm not sure if this aired in Canada, but what an irony if only Americans got to see it. 

Did Canada Invent Football? Dave Grohl Super Bowl Commercial Explained

As if that's not enough, you've never quite heard our national anthem played like this.