sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 18, 2023 1:29 am  #1

WBLK On Top In Buffalo Year-End Radio Ratings

I'm not entirely sure if there's another market where an urban format is #1, but WBLK pulled it off in the Dec. 2022 book in Buffalo. Another common entrant at the top, country WYRK, was second. And maybe it's because the Bills are having a great year, but WGR-AM made it into third place at 7.0, up from a 3.9 last September. (Worth noting, this is for 12+ only.)

The list was last updated Jan, 11, 2023. See it here

January 18, 2023 6:16 pm  #2

Re: WBLK On Top In Buffalo Year-End Radio Ratings

Look further east to Rochester and you will find R/B formatted WDKX on top with a 8.2 share, followed not too closely by N/T WHAM [5.9] and Country WBEE [5.8] Dec 2022 Numbers. Not bad for a one lung 800 watt station.

January 18, 2023 7:36 pm  #3

mace wrote:

Look further east to Rochester and you will find R/B formatted WDKX on top with a 8.2 share, followed not too closely by N/T WHAM [5.9] and Country WBEE [5.8] Dec 2022 Numbers. Not bad for a one lung 800 watt station.

It helps that they have a really top-notch engineer. https://cdn.boardhost.com/emoticons3/cheerful.png

(More to the actual point, it really helps that it's a very, very local and live station, now in its second generation of family ownership - and those 800 watts come from the top of the tallest building downtown, with most of the core audience within ten miles of the transmitter site!)

January 18, 2023 10:38 pm  #4

When I lived in Oakville, and had access to a Wineguard outdoor FM antenna, I could receive WDKX on exceptional tropo days. These would be the days when 92.5 and 98.9 would register a 3 out of 5 on my signal strength meter. If I could hear WPXY even in mono, WDKX would be available. This would have been in the late 70's/early 80's.