sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

January 15, 2023 4:33 pm  #1

The Things You Never Knew About Canadian NBC Reporter Keith Morrison

He's been a mainstay on NBC Dateline for years and his style has been parodied everywhere. But the linked article has a few facts you may never have known about this Canadian who made it big on U.S. network TV news. For instance, I had no idea he was "Friends" star Matthew Perry's step-father. How did I miss that?

Keith Morrison Facts Only Dateline's Biggest Fans Will Know

January 15, 2023 5:35 pm  #2

Re: The Things You Never Knew About Canadian NBC Reporter Keith Morrison

He was Lloyd Robertson's heir apparent but as I recall he was let go in 1995 - and then moved to NBC - not long after giving an interview where he sounded a bit too eager for the then sixty-something Lloyd to retire. A mirror opposite to what happened at CBC a few years earlier when a sixty-something Knowlton Nash volunteered to step down in order to keep Peter Mansbridge from going to the US.

January 15, 2023 6:45 pm  #3

Really? You didn't know that?  Did you know that Suzanne Perry was once press secretary to Prime Minister Pierre Trudeau, and later a co-anchor on Global TV News with Gord Martineau? If memory serves, Martineau didn't last long before going back to Citytv because of her.

January 15, 2023 6:49 pm  #4

Oddly, I do remember those. I guess I'm just not up on tracking Keith Morrison's love life! For some reason, this otherwise completely irrelevant factoid slipped by me. I didn't even know they were, you should pardon the expression, "Friends."

January 15, 2023 9:01 pm  #5

I remember him co-hosting Canada AM.

I also remember him making a cameo appearance on Seinfeld, as a KNBC Los Angeles anchor.

January 18, 2023 1:16 am  #6

I remember the female co-host of Canada AM (I think it was Valerie Pringle) wishing him the best in such a way that it sounded like he caused his own demise from the show.