sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

July 27, 2022 11:27 am  #1

CBC and the Summit '72 Hockey Documentary Air Dates

https://twitter.com/hockeyesque/status/1552282782138830849?t=2eit7UQopEcet3M-Dk7WhQ&s=19

Considering the subject matter and the talented team who worked on this documentary series about a legendary hockey series, you know it's going to be brilliant.

It'll keep us hockey fans entertained while we wait for the new NHL season to start.

Do you think seeing those unforgettable games and legendary Canadian players again might even be enough to finally get Paul Henderson into the Hall of Fame as a builder? 🤞

Bring on September. 🏒

Last edited by betaylored (July 27, 2022 11:28 am)

July 27, 2022 11:58 am  #2

Re: CBC and the Summit '72 Hockey Documentary Air Dates

I rarely tune into CBC TV, but I will be watching this. 

If you weren't born when it happened or were too young, you can't possibly imagine how big a deal this was. They brought TVs into our school classrooms to watch the games, which were on early here compared to Russian time.

And they let out classes early the day of the final match, when Henderson scored that golden goal. 

Even if the Leafs one day win the Cup again, I'm pretty sure there will never be another contest like this one. I'm not even a hockey fan and I watched every single match!

The video still sends a chill up my spine. 

July 27, 2022 11:08 pm  #3

August 1, 2022 5:05 pm  #4

https://twitter.com/TeamCanada1972/status/1554188210443616258?t=IV0EExrEbrDYmacjKL35Ew&s=19

if you're on the oxymoron that is social media and a fan of the game of hockey, and possibly that phenomenal series, this is their official Twitter account, it'll help pass the time until the documentary series airs in September and the start of the new season in October... great consistent content and inspiration 🏒

#CantWaitForFall 🥵