sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 27, 2022 8:03 pm  #1

Transmitter work at First Cdn Place

Heard the latter part of an announcement on CIUT to this effect just now. Not sure when this will take place.

June 27, 2022 8:32 pm  #2

Re: Transmitter work at First Cdn Place

Gather from CIUT web site that it's 0915-1600 EDT today (Monday 27 June) and Tuesday June 28. Has e0skip today and was all over the band and didn't really notice if the stations were weaker than usual. But will check tomorrow and even if no skip will record for meteor scatter and weak tropo in the event the stations are on reduced power.

June 29, 2022 9:07 pm  #3

Not sure what it was but I was in the car on Monday around 4 PM and on Taunton Rd in Ajax I started getting a station from Miami FLA on 94.9. Lasted quite a while as I made my way east. The rest of the dial seemed more or less normal except 90.7 seemed to be some NPR station but I did not hear an ID.

Last edited by Fitz (June 29, 2022 9:08 pm)

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

June 29, 2022 10:55 pm  #4

The NPR on 90.7 was WMFV Cedar Creek-Ocala FL. I had it in the car from downtown Toronto that afternoon as well (en route to Pearson to pick up my daughter.) 

July 1, 2022 11:16 am  #5

fybush wrote:

The NPR on 90.7 was WMFV Cedar Creek-Ocala FL. I had it in the car from downtown Toronto that afternoon as well (en route to Pearson to pick up my daughter.) 

With all the disruptions currently taking place at Pearson, just curious how long did it take your daughter to actually get out of the airport?

July 4, 2022 10:58 am  #6

It wasn't pretty but could have been much worse! Her flight from Greece landed just before 7, they held her on the plane for over an hour because of backups at passport control, and it was about 8:45 by the time she was out at the curb and waiting for us to fight through the traffic backup into terminal 3.