sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

June 3, 2020 8:29 pm  #1

Is This The Dumbest Product Advertised On Radio Since My Pillow?

Not since My Pillow has a product seemed so completely useless to me. Yet every station I listen to has endless ads for something called “Navage,” a product designed, as far as I can tell, to clean out your nose. It’s essentially a vacuum cleaner for your nasal passages. It absolutely stuns me that anyone in their right mind would buy this thing. Who wants to stick a motorized piece of equipment up your nostrils?

Still, at a time when radio is hungry for advertising dollars, I’m sure this campaign is, you should pardon the expression, nothing to sneeze at.

But like My Pillow and My Sheets and the Snuggie before it, I’m not buying one. No matter how many times they run the same spot. 

June 3, 2020 10:16 pm  #2

Re: Is This The Dumbest Product Advertised On Radio Since My Pillow?

How about a Trumpy bear!

June 3, 2020 10:24 pm  #3

Do the radio spots give a Code for 10% off (or any dollars or percentage)? Those codes usually relate to the call sign, frequency or announcer name? 

Often that is code is how the station gets it's money. Number of codes mentioned equals how much the client pays the radio/TV station. IE - call right now and mention (insert code/calls here) and get 10% off. 

Just a possibility.  d

June 4, 2020 2:26 pm  #4

per inquiry advertising is how some stations chose to utilize available advertising inventory (use it or lose it). a station has to have faith in the advertiser to be truthful when providing the amount of inquiries.  it's a stratedgy than can conflict with programming by way of the products being sold and/or the repetition of the ads. some stations also create bta plans (bta - best times available) where advertisers gamble on getting good air-times (for their spots) at a reduced flat rate. in my experience, these plans are often utilized by stations that are having sales "issues".

Last edited by the original hank (June 4, 2020 2:30 pm)

June 4, 2020 2:31 pm  #5

Do you honestly have anything against people sticking things up their nose? I knew a guy that stuck an entire Crayola 128 pack of crayons up his... No, wait.... 👃🤥🍑