sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 17, 2019 9:09 pm  #1

FAMILY FEUD CANADA

Vancouver v. Toronto tonite.    Can Langley v. Pickering be far behind?

Last edited by geo (December 17, 2019 9:18 pm)

December 17, 2019 9:19 pm  #2

Re: FAMILY FEUD CANADA

Funny you should ask. Thursday night, 7:30, on AM 960.

December 18, 2019 4:14 am  #3

I watched the first episode.
First question, first person (on the left) answers with "Spouse"
Second person on the right answers with "Wife".

This is why we don't have a Canadian version of the Chase folks! Canadians are just too stupid!!

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 18, 2019 8:30 am  #4

Do they give toasters as prizes?

"Life without echo is really no life at all." - Dan Ingram

December 18, 2019 11:45 am  #5

Dale Patterson wrote:

Do they give toasters as prizes?

C. $10 grand (approx $7,500 US) 

December 21, 2019 10:39 am  #6

pg. 011 of today's Globe & Mail:     "Survey says . . . pathetic" -- Konrad Yakabuski

December 21, 2019 11:01 am  #7

My question was and is, "why?"

December 21, 2019 12:15 pm  #8

According to Bill Brioux on twitter, the first installment on Monday of FF Canada averaged 564,000 viewers which was a 36% increase over the 2018-19 average of 415,000 viewers for CBC.  CTV took the time slot with a rerun of Big Bang Theory with 631,000 and Global came in with 396,000 viewers for the Neighborhood. He didn't list City TV.

A little early to write off Family Feud Canada in the first few shows as in the Globe and Mail article. John Doyle of the Globe wasn't big on the idea when it was announced back in May. He said something to the effect, that the public broadcaster had no business doing a show like this, competing with private broadcasters.  And this even though, no private Canadian broadcaster currently is producing any type of daily game show, or even any weekly game show that I am aware of.

The real test of Family Feud Canada will be around February when it has had a few weeks to settle into it's regular 7:30 time slot, and will be up against a few other well established shows, including Jeopardy, and in many markets the US version of Family Feud with Steve Harvey.

"The Feud" has over 50 regional versions around the world, so if anything Canada was a little late to the party.

December 21, 2019 1:32 pm  #9

potentiometer wrote:

Exactly the same question I had and still have.

December 21, 2019 2:36 pm  #10

potentiometer wrote:

CBC needs content. Some of the most popular Canadian TV shows are local versions of foreign formats. Traveling talent competitions were too expensive for our market back when linear was booming. Survivor: Nunavut might be too depressing and expensive to produce. Game shows it is.

December 21, 2019 7:26 pm  #11

I watched it the other night and quite liked it...we need some mindless fun, so I don't mind this show...

The world would be so good if it weren't for some people...

December 21, 2019 8:37 pm  #12

paterson1 wrote:

CTV took the time slot with a rerun of Big Bang Theory

What does it say about a new show that it was handily beaten by a rerun of an old American sitcom - especially at a time of year where first-run programming is in short supply?

December 21, 2019 11:00 pm  #13

RadioActive wrote:

paterson1 wrote:

CTV took the time slot with a rerun of Big Bang Theory

What does it say about a new show that it was handily beaten by a rerun of an old American sitcom - especially at a time of year where first-run programming is in short supply?

It doesn't say much at all.  Big Bang Theory is about the only sitcom that still gets decent ratings, even though the show is now over.  That's why you see Big Bang on so many different stations every day even in prime time. No mention about Global and the much newer American sitcom The Neighborhood that was also handily beaten by Family Feud Canada?  So 36% increase in ratings is not very good ??   Now I think that says a lot more, about a few things..