sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

October 22, 2019 1:10 am  #31

Re: A Poll for the Polls. Who will you watch on Election Night?

and it's all over but the pouting ;)

October 22, 2019 7:30 pm  #32

Saul wrote:

I'll probably try to tune in CKNT - I hear they've already assembled their election team.

Not sure if this was meant as a joke comment or not, but I was shocked to hear CKNT actually did have a live election show, covering mainly the Peel Region results.

It was hosted by Marc Patrone, who also did the morning show from 9-11 AM that day. Various panelists did the usual analysis, but I have to give them credit for actually mounting any coverage at all, considering their mostly negligible resources.

October 23, 2019 12:05 pm  #33

RadioActive wrote:

Saul wrote:

I'll probably try to tune in CKNT - I hear they've already assembled their election team.

Not sure if this was meant as a joke comment or not, but I was shocked to hear CKNT actually did have a live election show, covering mainly the Peel Region results.

It was hosted by Marc Patrone, who also did the morning show from 9-11 AM that day. Various panelists did the usual analysis, but I have to give them credit for actually mounting any coverage at all, considering their mostly negligible resources.

Well, well, well. The joke's on me. Good on them!

October 23, 2019 7:38 pm  #34

Saul wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

Saul wrote:

For what it is worth, I played back my recording of the AM band  on Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. (normally done to look for interesting 'sunrise skip' signals).   During the break in the Mike Richards program I heard a traffic report and some PSAs.   In the few minutes on my recording you never would have known there had been an election the night before.   No mention of the election during the ABC newscast on WFIR-Roanoke (underneath CKNT) either.

October 23, 2019 10:50 pm  #35

NW wrote:

Saul wrote:

RadioActive wrote:

For what it is worth, I played back my recording of the AM band  on Tuesday morning at 7 a.m. (normally done to look for interesting 'sunrise skip' signals).   During the break in the Mike Richards program I heard a traffic report and some PSAs.   In the few minutes on my recording you never would have known there had been an election the night before.   No mention of the election during the ABC newscast on WFIR-Roanoke (underneath CKNT) either.

I'm disappointed you didn't hear CFAC in Calgary talking about the Liberal Flame-out there, er, I mean the Flames...

Last edited by Saul (October 23, 2019 10:50 pm)