sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

April 8, 2024 8:27 pm  #1

Former media people now on the Provincial Sunshine list

April 8, 2024 10:25 pm  #2

Re: Former media people now on the Provincial Sunshine list

Doyle is former CFRB asset Doug Ford's PR Muffin. Not sure of the other fella.

April 8, 2024 10:29 pm  #3

Not an Ontario Sunshine lister any longer but Ben Chin has been huddling with Trudeau for the past 5 years.

I just can't imagine 

April 8, 2024 11:04 pm  #4

Chrisphen wrote:

Doyle is former CFRB asset Doug Ford's PR Muffin. Not sure of the other fella.

The "other fella" was also on CFRB for many years, as their morning newscaster. Ryan Bird left to become the official mouthpiece for the Toronto District School Board and gives clips whenever there's a controversy or stories involving city schools. 

Considering what's taken place at 'RB since he left, it was definitely a good career move.

Which reminds me of an old joke:

Q: "What's the difference between working for Bell Media and unemployment?"

A: "Unemployment pays more and the hours are better."

April 9, 2024 5:41 am  #5

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/people/lyndsey-vanstone/office-of-the-premier

Oakley's former producer.

Last edited by Live in Lakefield (April 9, 2024 5:42 am)

April 9, 2024 5:53 am  #6

Also Ivana Yelich Brian Lilly's partner

April 11, 2024 9:47 am  #7

He's not a former broadcaster per se, but he is a media person and appears regularly on both TV and radio. 

Stuart Green is the go-to guy for updates and explanations about anything going on with the TTC. His 2023 income was $129,447. He's been on the list since 2017. 

April 11, 2024 11:11 am  #8

Not sure if she made the sunshine list, did not check but Sue Sgambati is doing communications for South Simcoe Police.

April 11, 2024 4:09 pm  #9

Shilling for politicos has it's perks. Wouldn't be surprised if half the payroll on 640 and 1010 are making calls to Ford's and Poilievre's HR folks right now.

April 21, 2024 11:52 pm  #10

Matt llewellyn (CBC) has been at Metrolinx (media relations) for 5 years or so.  They also hired on a CityNews reporter a couple of years after Matt, can't remember his name. Wore glasses.

Another name I don't recall is the CityTV entertainment reporter who left to go work for the LLCBO? This was 25 years ago. She also did some feature work, presenting on The New Music and I think general reporting. Kind of delicate looking. Memorable, to me anyway, due to an interview she did with Ted Nugent. Ted was ... undiplomatic.

April 22, 2024 12:06 am  #11

67GreenRambler wrote:

Matt llewellyn (CBC) has been at Metrolinx (media relations) for 5 years or so. They also hired on a CityNews reporter a couple of years after Matt, can't remember his name. Wore glasses.

Another name I don't recall is the CityTV entertainment reporter who left to go work for the LLCBO? This was 25 years ago. She also did some feature work, presenting on The New Music and I think general reporting. Kind of delicate looking. Memorable, to me anyway, due to an interview she did with Ted Nugent. Ted was ... undiplomatic.

https://www.ontariosunshinelist.com/people/matthew-l-llewellyn/metrolinx-metrolinx