sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

March 4, 2024 3:17 pm  #1

Looking For A Cushy, High Paying Broadcasting Job? Try For This One

Portfolio: Canadian Heritage

Organization: Canadian Broadcasting Corporation

Position title: President / CEO

Type: Full-time

Salary range: $468,900.00 - $551,600.00/Year

CBC President opening

March 4, 2024 3:32 pm  #2

Re: Looking For A Cushy, High Paying Broadcasting Job? Try For This One

Tait's leaving? Finally!

March 4, 2024 3:49 pm  #3

I don't think it's her choice. They extended her tenure once, but after much controversy, her time is nearly up. I wonder if they'll pay her a bonus as she heads out the door?

March 4, 2024 5:07 pm  #4

Meanwhile, the CEO of Bellmedia earned almost $5 million in total compensation last year.

https://www.thestar.com/business/here-s-how-much-bell-ceo-mirko-bibic-made-last-year-and-how-it-compares/article_bb49541e-7daa-5416-8efc-cef1c890b980.html#:~:text=Bell%20CEO's%20base%20salary%20increased%20between%202021%20and%202022&text=Bibic's%20base%20salary%20also%20increased,as%20a%20senior%20vice%20president.

Last edited by BowmanvilleBob (March 4, 2024 5:08 pm)

March 4, 2024 7:44 pm  #5

I don't think President/CEO of CBC/Radio Canada would be a cushy job at all.  Not only will you be making a lot less than those doing the same job in the private sector, you also are quite limited in what you can and can't do.  And because you receive taxpayer dollars, everyone including politicians have an opinion on how you should run the operation and what CBC/RC should be all about.  And many others just think you should go away and close up shop. 

March 4, 2024 11:37 pm  #6

The price is a steal (in comparison).

Last edited by Saul (March 4, 2024 11:37 pm)

March 5, 2024 12:47 pm  #7

paterson1 wrote:

I don't think President/CEO of CBC/Radio Canada would be a cushy job at all.  Not only will you be making a lot less than those doing the same job in the private sector, you also are quite limited in what you can and can't do.  And because you receive taxpayer dollars, everyone including politicians have an opinion on how you should run the operation and what CBC/RC should be all about.  And many others just think you should go away and close up shop. 

And you actually have to program a network by creating and scheduling programming, rather than at CTV and Global where they just simulcast whatever American shows they bought that season.