sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

December 6, 2023 2:19 pm  #1

Marc Patrone The New Morning Man At Sauga960

It's not all that earth shaking in the grand scheme of things, but Marc Patrone becomes the 7-9 AM host on Sauga960 AM beginning Monday. Apparently they don't have a lot of back-up because the show will be repeated again in its current time slot from 1-3 PM weekdays. 

And what happens to Randy Taylor, who came to do mornings a few months ago amid much fanfare and boasts of quadrupling the audience? No word on him or whether he's even still with the station. But the Sauga website is certainly up not up-to-date. It still lists Raw Mike Richards as doing mornings at the place, even though he hasn't been on the air for some time. 

December 6, 2023 3:38 pm  #2

Re: Marc Patrone The New Morning Man At Sauga960

Maybe the cheque bounced?

December 11, 2023 3:18 pm  #3

Not only did Patrone take over the morning show on Monday, but they replay the entire two hours in his old time slot from 1-3 PM. That seems to be a bit early for a reroll - fours later? I guess it shows they really have nothing else to air. Awful to hear his glee about conspiracy monger Alex Jones being brought back to Twitter/X. 

Why is he on twice a day now? Not that anyone really listens to this place, but I'm curious. Does anyone know if CKNT is a fully paid time station?

And by the way, he has new moniker - Marco In The Morning. 

Sheesh!

December 11, 2023 4:10 pm  #4

I recall 'Mark in the Morning' on CKPR in the early 80's. 

December 11, 2023 4:24 pm  #5

This is "Marco," which he says is his actual given birth name, not "Marc." Must be a conspiracy of some kind, since he seems to believe everything that happens fits into that category.

December 11, 2023 4:43 pm  #6

Speaking of Twitter/X, it is an ex-parrot!

December 11, 2023 6:41 pm  #7

That’s good 😄

December 12, 2023 12:27 am  #8

The station is a train wreck. 

RadioWiz & RadioQuiz are NOT the same person. 
RadioWiz & THE Wiz are NOT the same person.

December 12, 2023 12:36 am  #9

I'll say. They not only haven't updated their website schedule to show their new morning man, but it actually lists Raw Mike Richards in that slot - who was replaced by the short-lived Randy Taylor. So it's two shows old. Clearly, no one is paying attention over there. 

December 12, 2023 9:46 am  #10

Their audience likely doubles when they get a mention here.

December 12, 2023 11:13 am  #11

I have honestly never actually "listened" to the station. I "heard" the station [barely] driving back from Whitby at night last year.

December 12, 2023 8:11 pm  #12

There was dead air on CKNT on Saturday morning at 7:00 a.m. and again at 7:30 a.m.  I wonder if anybody noticed?

Under the open carrier I heard KZIM-Cape Girardeau MO and WERC-Birmingham AL at 7:00 a.m.