sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

November 19, 2023 2:02 pm  #1

The suspense is over

For those who had been losing sleep over it, wonder no more. CHFI has started their all Christmas programming.

November 19, 2023 2:21 pm  #2

Re: The suspense is over

November 19, 2023 3:36 pm  #3

Where can I donate to the War Against Christmas? 

November 19, 2023 4:39 pm  #4

November 19, 2023 9:29 pm  #5

Not a fan of CHFI's regular programming. Zero chance of me ever listening to their "Holiday Hits" format.

November 19, 2023 9:45 pm  #6

Not sure what time the format flip incurred but it was sometime this past Friday morning

November 20, 2023 7:52 am  #7

Alan Cross weighs in on how Christmas music is programmed and when early is too early. Not to mention the poor people who work in retail or grocery stores. 

"Gone were the old days of one-holiday song per hour, starting the first week of December, slowly ramping up until stations went all-in on Christmas Eve and Christmas Day. At the stroke of midnight on Dec. 26, it was back to regular programming.

Today, many stations believe that there’s no such thing as too much Christmas music. Even though audiences claim that they don’t need Christmas music until early November (23 per cent) or early December (20 per cent), they don’t seem to mind when radio stations get an early start."

The science and art of programming Christmas music for radio and beyond

November 20, 2023 8:32 am  #8

mace wrote:

Not a fan of CHFI's regular programming. Zero chance of me ever listening to their "Holiday Hits" format.

You mean you don’t want to hear Wonderful Christmastime 87 times a day?

November 20, 2023 9:49 am  #9

Capricasix wrote:

mace wrote:

You mean you don’t want to hear Wonderful Christmastime 87 times a day?

Let me put it this way. Dec 24 and 25 will give more than enough Christmas music to fill my needs. If that makes me a Scrooge, so be it.