sowny.net | The Southern Ontario/WNY Radio-TV Forum

You are not logged in. Would you like to login or register?

August 9, 2023 4:19 pm  #1

Robbie Robertson has passed away

Just heard, and read, that Robbie Robertson (The Band) has passed away at 80.

August 9, 2023 4:22 pm  #2

Re: Robbie Robertson has passed away

August 9, 2023 4:43 pm  #3

Another Canadian music icon  gone. Thank you Robbie and RIP. 

August 9, 2023 4:58 pm  #4

Can Eric Alper and Alan Cross be far away on your TV and radio?

August 9, 2023 5:40 pm  #5

What a profound loss.

August 9, 2023 6:37 pm  #6

rest in peace sir.

a story from the New York Times
https://twitter.com/DavidCornDC/status/1689399601411788801?t=1fKCtQpTaBOGk_nTR5l0eA&s=19

a statement from the Robertson family 🕯️
https://twitter.com/r0bbier0berts0n/status/1689387362005012480?t=gplwfdeRAe9jF3iMeVxpTw&s=19

and John Moore tweeted he will be replaying his interview with Robbie on Moore In the Morning tomorrow, Thursday morning

Last edited by betaylored (August 9, 2023 10:08 pm)

August 10, 2023 7:21 am  #7

This morning's print Globe 'n Mail has a 2-page spread that includes a Brad Wheeler tribute and another credited to "The Canadian Press".

The latter which mentions Robertson "getting guitar tips from Buddy Holly" requires clarification.  Did 15-yr old Robertson meet with Holly in 1957/58?    Or was he influenced by Holly's recorded material after Feb 1959?          

August 10, 2023 7:29 am  #8

georgio1 wrote:

This morning's print Globe 'n Mail has a 2-page spread that includes a Brad Wheeler tribute and another credited to "The Canadian Press".

The latter which mentions Robertson "getting guitar tips from Buddy Holly" requires clarification.  Did 15-yr old Robertson meet with Holly in 1957/58?    Or was he influenced by Holly's recorded material after Feb 1959?          

Not Sure this link will work:

BH/RR

Cool Airchecks and More:
http://www.lettheuniverseanswer.com/

August 10, 2023 8:01 am  #9

Fitz wrote:

Not Sure this link will work:      BH/RR

It worked!    Thank you for that.    

August 18, 2023 8:35 am  #10

This is a little late, but I thought some would find it interesting. This is one of the pages from the program that was sold at the infamous Woodstock concert, which took place 54 years ago this week. My American brother-in-law was there as a teen and gave it to me, little knowing back then it might be worth something today. And no, I'm not giving it back!

Robbie Robertson and The Band were there. They were the first ones onstage on the final day, Sunday, Aug. 17, 1969.

August 18, 2023 10:51 am  #11

RadioActive wrote:

This is a little late, but I thought some would find it interesting. This is one of the pages from the program that was sold at the infamous Woodstock concert, which took place 54 years ago this week. My American brother-in-law was there as a teen and gave it to me, little knowing back then it might be worth something today. And no, I'm not giving it back!

Robbie Robertson and The Band were there. They were the first ones onstage on the final day, Sunday, Aug. 17, 1969.

Of the 32 artists listed, back in 1969 I was familiar with only 11 of them. At that time It was CHUM and CKOC during the day with WABC and WLS at night.